Arcoxia

Spaniel

Has anyone used this drug and if so was it effective and any side effects? Someone recommenede it for arthritis pain.

Regular usage raises your blood pressure. Mine reached 150/xx after a couple of weeks. Don't self-medicate with this. A safer drug is Celebrex, but some people are allergic to it. Depending on how bad your arthritis is, glucosamine and chondroitin supplements may help, but it takes 3 months to get any effect.

I used it one time for my knee after every other drug I tried had failed to end the pain. Normally one or two piroxicam (Feldene or Voltarin) would do the trick but on this occasion it did not so I went along to the doctor and asked for a hydroquarterzone injection because the pain was so bad.

He told me this is not a good idea and prescribed Arcoxia. One bubble pack had 120mg tabs which I took until the pain had gone then I switched to 90mg size in a black bubble pack.

They worked almost immediately where everything else had failed but I seem to remember they gave me heartburn and a slight upset stomach. That was all.

The dose was one 120 mg tab a day after food until the pain went then switch to the 90mg for a few days.

Has anyone used this drug and if so was it effective and any side effects? Someone recommenede it for arthritis pain.

Regular usage raises your blood pressure. Mine reached 150/xx after a couple of weeks. Don't self-medicate with this. A safer drug is Celebrex, but some people are allergic to it. Depending on how bad your arthritis is, glucosamine and chondroitin supplements may help, but it takes 3 months to get any effect.

Glucosimene and Chondroitin have recently been blown out of the water as being of absolutely no use at all to tired and worn out knees.

I took them for years and they never even did one halfpenny worth of good.

Glucosimene and Chondroitin have recently been blown out of the water as being of absolutely no use at all to tired and worn out knees.

Lol,

had dinner with one guy recently who swore by them for sore knee s

According to my physical therapy doctor at Bumrungrad, the evidence in their favour keeps getting stronger, whereas the jury is still out on MSM. They've worked for me over the past decade. They work for my GF and they work for her 86-year-old mother. Perhaps your condition is a lot more serious than mine.

Oooh, Arcoxia worked great for me (prescribed of course, not self-medicated) and I had no side effects. I used it periodically for a couple of months while awaiting surgery. My pain was not arthritis related though. Arcoxia is expensive. BNH charged something like 3,000 baht for a strip of 8 tablets (1 per day x 8 days). I found I could buy it at Boots for half that.

I initially tried Celebrex but -for me - it was not as efficient at reducing pain for an extended period.

According to my physical therapy doctor at Bumrungrad, the evidence in their favour keeps getting stronger, whereas the jury is still out on MSM. They've worked for me over the past decade. They work for my GF and they work for her 86-year-old mother. Perhaps your condition is a lot more serious than mine.

That combination works for some, not for others. Helped my father in his declining years. BUT - check for contraindications. Other meds I take preclude the use of those two for me.

Oooh, Arcoxia worked great for me (prescribed of course, not self-medicated) and I had no side effects. I used it periodically for a couple of months while awaiting surgery. My pain was not arthritis related though. Arcoxia is expensive. BNH charged something like 3,000 baht for a strip of 8 tablets (1 per day x 8 days). I found I could buy it at Boots for half that.

I initially tried Celebrex but -for me - it was not as efficient at reducing pain for an extended period.

Thanks for all the help. 3,000 bhat for 8 tablets seems very expensive. What size tablets were they? I went to the local government hospital in Kannayao, Bangkok for my arthirits condition in my feet (big toe/both feet). He prescribed Arcoxia, 90 mg tablet, once a day after eating. I purchased 30 tablets/90 mg each at the hospital for B 1185 or approx 40 bhat each and I thought that was expensive.

As far as Glucosamine/Chondroitin he said my condition was to far gone for it to do any good although it could help other joints. I think it's like any other dietary supplement. For some it does some good other it doesn't. I guess one just has to give it a try and see if it works for you.

I had the same experience with shoulder synovitis. The Celebrex seemed to have no effect at all. I ended up taking Arcoxia 90mg for a couple of months, then 60mg for 3 weeks, and that did the trick. But this was more about reducing inflammation (so that I could do physio) of the joint than reducing pain.

I had the same experience with shoulder synovitis. The Celebrex seemed to have no effect at all. I ended up taking Arcoxia 90mg for a couple of months, then 60mg for 3 weeks, and that did the trick. But this was more about reducing inflammation (so that I could do physio) of the joint than reducing pain.

:D:D Arcoxia is FANTASTIC,When I start to feel a gout pain I pop one and it prevents.I also use it for pain.I use it the minimum to get rid of the pain.I am going trekking next month and will take a half a day. :):D:D

Thanks for all the help. 3,000 bhat for 8 tablets seems very expensive. What size tablets were they?

I started on the 90mg but progressed to the 120mg tablets (which is the strongest) in the week prior to surgery. The only problem I had was that it seemed to take a long time to 'kick in' and take effect.

It is actually fantastic pain killer,Selective Cox-2 inhibitor.Normally it does not upset your stomach.

Get rid of painful acute arthritis very quickly. However it should be use with caution.

For 120 mg/tab should not be continued more than 8 days.

For mild liver impairment 60 mg once diarly should not be exceeded.

Special precaution in high risk heart attack, severe hypertension, old ischemic heart disease.

It has interaction with lots of tablets i.e.warfarin, ACEI, ARB, Digoxin.

Use with caution and consult your doctor.

Edited by CMDR

Had back troubles leading to surgery. I had to use pain killers intensively before the operations. Celebrex 400 is quite efficient, and cheaper (around 450 Baht for 10 capsules on Srinakarin).

Arcoxia is also a very efficient option (around 500 Baht for 10), and seems a bit more efficient than Celebrex.

However, a Doctor would know better what to recommend depending of your condition