Would You Help Find "a Good Farang Man" For Family Member?

Lopburi99

Got to add my voice *not* to go along with this no-win situation.

If I had 1,000 baht (not that much, really) for every time a Thai lady has asked during my short tenure here

if I know 'a farang just like you' I could pay off my truck.

If my wife is with me, I talk about there being good and bad farange, just like good and bad Thai.

If she's not with me, I just say that my friends are either married or drunks.

Works a treat.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres an idea LOP99, maybe you could sell her....get some funding for the new house. pity you cant sell of that other grubby hangeroner :D ...surely nobody would be stupid enuf to pay for him?

:D:D:D:D

Now THAT'S a great idea! Get the money sarking son out of my life at the same time!

Hmmm. Would we maybe qualify for sin sod :) ? Sure could use the cash!

And the thought of a possible "dabble"? Another good idea! (No problem neverdie!)

HMMM...Actually after that last sentance i am thinking sin-sod should be the least of your issues. :D:P

YOur just jealous Ozzie, because your off to bed with betty the blowup again tonite :D

I would do it.

I would be extemely happy to marry off my GF's sisters to decent men that I can approve of (and there's the rub).

A couple of rich farang paying sin sod and support.... it would be great to see FiL and MiL with some extra cash to spend on us and make improvements to the farm that GF will inherit.

No doubt her English is no good or she would be capable of finding one herself (from the interent). I had a Farang friend try to do this for his wife's neice, who was 26. The best he could find was an old geezer of 60 from BKK, who was not acceptable to the girl. End of story.

Don't refuse and cause hard feelings. This type of thing happens every once in a while. Just say that you will try. When you get quizzed, just say that you have had no luck yet.

My wife wants me to help her 25 y/o daughter "find a good farang man like you" by using the internet.

It's interesting to observe my conflicting feelings about this topic. After all, I am thankful some friends helped

me find my wife by introducing me to her. On the other hand, I know of so much crap and deception which often goes on at either end that I just don't want any part of it all.

Would you/have you helped in your family? Good idea or not?

if u look on the internet, its most likely u'll get a 40 year old virgin who still lives with his mother ....... but his profile will say: "25 year old handsome wealthy man" ...............

My wife wants me to help her 25 y/o daughter "find a good farang man like you" by using the internet.

It's interesting to observe my conflicting feelings about this topic. After all, I am thankful some friends helped

me find my wife by introducing me to her. On the other hand, I know of so much crap and deception which often goes on at either end that I just don't want any part of it all.

Great idea.

pm me with details of where I can meet her.

Don't refuse and cause hard feelings. This type of thing happens every once in a while. Just say that you will try. When you get quizzed, just say that you have had no luck yet.

I tried that last year Gary. But they're on to me now so I've had no choice but to refuse outright. One thing I've learned by living in LOS for some time now is never to proceed when you feel uncomfortable about something. There is a reason for being uncomfortable, and it lives deep down. Ignoring these feelings are something which I always regret later.

No, I would not.

I am constantly asked by people to do the same for them and I will point them to the internet. 'But I no understand English' is the oft reply and that is when I tell them I do not have the time to check their mails and make replies for them.

As has been said, an introduction to someone you know is different but a complete stranger is another kettle of fish altogether.

If the daughter is not even making some attempt to learn English - as you said earlier - then she is not taking it seriously, so why should you?

Our Thai friends match-make with farangs and Thais. Maybe it's a national sport, pin the tail on the donkey. They're not surprised if if fails like their own Thai-Thai marriages. But there is a strong element of being mutually greedy for rich men's money.

There are many Thai as you know who help with matchmaking, usually translating and sending emails via internet. I think the going rate is about 10-20k baht. My first Thai wife did this for some ladies before coming to the States. She made a few baht doing it, but more important to her was that she was deliberately making connections with other farang Stateside who were better healed than I was. After arriving she contacted them secretly. Fill in the blanks.

Edited by Lopburi99

Last time my wife and I were in Thailand, we had a reunion with a lot of her old Thai girlfriends....One who is a very giving and nice person asked my wife to help find her a "rich old man"...I sat back and listened...1st she had a Danish man that just adored her (18 years ago), sent her money did all the nice things, but she turned her back on him for a handsome Thai policeman.....2 kids, and he is gone....My wife asked her if she kept him happy in bed, to which she replied don't know I just know the dead fish position...I not care much.

Then my wife really lit into her...(and she used to be one of her closest friends). "You had your chance, and you like buffalo brain, listen to Thai man." "You not want somebody to love and be happy with, you just want them to die, so you can have money" "I would never introduce you to farang, because you just too cold dead fish" "Look at my husband, he good man, I work every day to make him smile, and he be happy. I be happy"

Now this girl is speaks pretty good English, (way better than my wife's 30 word vocabulary when we met,) is a Christian, and took care of my wife when she had TB and nobody wanted to be around her.....so I would have thought she would be a keeper...my wife says no way....

So my advice is, talk and find what her long term goals are. Educate her about responsibilities, then think about an introduction or 2. See what her sensitivity is about a man in her life.

I am one of the lucky ones, now married for 13 years, and they are just getting better. We make a pretty good team.

Does she like unintelligent men twice her age? If so, perhaps get her a Thai Visa account...

Actually she is quite trim, sexy, sharp looking and uni educated. Can't imagine her with one of "us" :)

Or actually maybe I can, and that is what is worrying me.

(I know, I know, speak for yourself Lop!)

Edited by Lopburi99

Hehe..shes very thin-skinned..the slightest pr_ick and she goes down on me...and since you introduced me to her I WANT ME MONEY BACK!!

:):D

I seriously hope that it was unused, you just don't know where neverdie has been. :D

Does she like unintelligent men twice her age? If so, perhaps get her a Thai Visa account...

Actually she is quite trim, sexy, sharp looking and uni educated. Can't imagine her with one of "us" :)

Or actually maybe I can, and that is what is worrying me.

(I know, I know, speak for yourself Lop!)

Sounds perfect for Thai visa romeos like The Donz, GF4 and neverdie for starters :D

Can't get the "funny" part here. And also not the way op is "praising" his family in public. And also not the logic behind op's question. If she is already 25 and that sexy and well educated for sure she does not need help from others, especially from the op, I would say, beg your pardon. If she is not, it should be the same.

Well i would if she was ok ! But i would make it very clear that once they met i was out of the scene and if it goes wrong , nothing to do with me. Having said that, i really could'nt give a rats ass if i was blamed. ATM i am trying to do it in reverse. I have got a good friend in his mid 40's never been married, own business but a little on the shy side with women, the poor bugger is just lonely. So why not try to help a friend.

GOOD FARANG MAN, thai meaning , HE HAVE MANY MONEY .

BAD FARANG == HE HAVE LITTLE MONEY ..

i have a good heart {so my mother said}

but i am poor man .{only two pensions }

ask you misses , if i am suitable , for her sister..

I made that mistake in my early 20's in the U.S. 2 friends I introduced her request & they did get married -unfortunately I was the monkeys ass for setting them up with untold tales of woe. I lost both friendships.........Oh well I would never do that again. You are damned if you do & damned if you don't on this one. But I would steer clear of it & tell the girl your job to secure the farang. The amount of bitterness created with the farang may put you in jeopardy with your relationship (loss of face etc.)