How About Vegetable Plants?

brennanstimpy

Now that I have my herbs, I want to plant some vegetables, ie. tomatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, bell peppers, and some kind of leafy green. Anyone got any suggestions. I probably should have looked at Rimping. I was shocked that I couldn't find any veg plants at Kahm Tieng.

You don't seem to be having much luck at Kamtieng. I have bought carrots, bell peppers, and tomatoes there on many occasions, also the Thai equivalent of silverbeet. Also plenty of beetroot there too. You just have to ask...they are extremely helpful, and if they don't carry it, they will tell you who does.

I wanted some dok lampong the other week, and found it after a referal from another stall. It's all there, you just got to ask. A good time to buy strawberry plants now too :)

If you are comming from Tesco thru Kamtieng, heading to the back.....turn left at the first street with vendors and go all the way to the end and the last shop on the right and left has seedlings of mostly Thai veges and a few falang veges or you can contact me [via PM] for the following seeds in gram size packs .......Habanero pepper, Ancho pepper, University of Hawaii Manoa lettuce, Sweet Italian basil, Red Sails lettuce and a few others. Choice seeds for tropics at a reasonable price or trade.

Those things people grow from seed. Kham Thiang has shops selling those seeds. Or you could go with more reputable seed vendors like AFM and others. Or ask around in the villages.

Then if it's more perennial stuff then there are government organizations providing seedlings for fruit producing trees.