Why Don't Some Girls Take Care

Simbo

:o I took a songtaew up soi Bukao to the market from Soi Diane. An English chap with his new Thai g/f got on too. He was obviously taken with her, chatting away, probably going to the market to lavish her with gifts.

They alighted the stop before me, and as he reached for his wallet, he asked her how much it would be. 40 baht, she said. He duly paid. It made me so angry, I would have expected her to take care of him, and ensure he paid a fair price. I wonder what he will think when he finds out the correct fair. I know I would be dumping her smartly. :D

:o  I took a songtaew up soi Bukao to the market from Soi Diane. An English chap with his new Thai g/f got on too. He was obviously taken with her, chatting away, probably going to the market to lavish her with gifts.

They alighted the stop before me, and as he reached for his wallet, he asked her how much it would be. 40 baht, she said. He duly paid. It made me so angry, I would have expected her to take care of him, and ensure he paid a fair price. I wonder what he will think when he finds out the correct fair. I know I would be dumping her smartly.  :D

He probably doesn`t care...he`s in love :D

There's an interesting parallel between the 60yr old guy who can't believe how lucky he is to find a 22yr old woman who likes him, and the kid who can't believe that the great new piece of software he installed to download music is free.

One winds up with a girl taking over his bank account, the other finds ads taking over his computer. Software can be downloaded to protect dumb people from themselves, unfortunately common sense is something you can't upgrade and there's some men who just should not be in Pattaya.

Maybe reading Thaivisa for a month should be a prerequisite for all these guys who come here looking for love. Just enough to plant a bit of cynicism in their minds, and to learn how much a bloody songteaw is. :o

cv

But look what they have to put up with for their 1000 baht a day!

Drunken old soaks pawing and slobbering all over them,being bored to death having to watch soccer three hours a day,etc etc

As far as the 20 baht fare,I think many of them actualy think thats the price for falang!,.

do some research in one of the bars and see what the consensus is.

Because some of them are money grabbing devious little bitches.

But look what they have to put up with for their 1000 baht a day!

Drunken old soaks pawing and slobbering all over them,being bored to death having to watch soccer three hours a day,etc etc

As far as the 20 baht fare,I think many of them actualy think thats the price for falang!,.

do some research in one of the bars and see what the consensus is.

Just to add to this, I've noticed that now foreigners are expected to pay the fare for his thai gf as if she's a foreigner also. This goes for entrance into parks, etc.

It didn't used to be like this. It's consistently this way now, and was consistently not this way before.

She probably saw a foreigner pay 20 baht before, and then assumed that was the fare.

If she were really a devious money grabber, she would get him to pay as little as possible to everyone else so he could give her more.

i have a bit of a different take - often i see the girl having to pay for this or that generally thai food that the falang wont touch -even fruit! so in some ways i have not much sympathy.

ive also noticed a symbiotic relationship between moto drivers, songtaew drivers and the men/ladies selling all the stuff in the street. they are top dogs and respected 'cause they have the money. they can also be quite generous to the others -esp the older ladies.

that said. the girls this year, this high season are really money grubbing but i bet she gave the money to the driver and did not pocket it - if so, there goes the theory of helping herself.

that was a b5 fare - jing!

all of my long term ladies have always looked after me in that respect, They would never let me be over charged.....however some of my more casual ladies had no qualms about it as they probably, and rightly thought that I wouldnt be keeping them around for long. Nobody knows the full situation in this case so it is hard to comment....besides he didnt object to the price so it didnt hurt him.

But in some cases it is the case where they dont know any different....in Buriram I went to the local Sunday Market with my ex and bargained 20 baht off a leather belt....My ex scolded me during this saying that you should always pay the asking price as otherwise you were taking food out of the vendors mouth. When I got the belt at my price she was honestly surprised....the following week she bought a pair of jeans at 50 baht less than the asking price and was as proud as hickey.

all of my long term ladies have always looked after me in that respect, They would never let me be over charged.....however some of my more casual ladies had no qualms about it as they probably, and rightly thought that I wouldnt be keeping them around for long. Nobody knows the full situation in this case so it is hard to comment....besides he didnt object to the price so it didnt hurt him.

But in some cases it is the case where they dont know any different....in Buriram I went to the local Sunday Market with my ex and bargained 20 baht off a leather belt....My ex scolded me during this saying that you should always pay the asking price as otherwise you were taking food out of the vendors mouth. When I got the belt at my price she was honestly surprised....the following week she bought a pair of jeans at 50 baht less than the asking price and was as proud as hickey.

This is a barter society. How could she not know that? :o

Because the markets are in rural areas they are run by locals.....they dont barter with their own...

Because the markets are in rural areas they are run by locals.....they dont barter with their own...

With respect, they do barter in the sticks. No discount no buy. I have seen it many times, when a Thai is buying household goods or clothes. Maybe not with food. :D

With respect, they do barter in the sticks. No discount no buy. I have seen it many times, when a Thai is buying household goods or clothes. Maybe not with food. :D

Personally I have never seen it in the markets I have been to. But then again it may happen with some people.

Personally I have never seen it in the markets I have been to. But then again it may happen with some people.

it's standard practice for the girls in pattaya to buy stuff from the beach vendors they don't want just to have the farang pay for it and thus help another thai.

My wife was appraoched by everything from ice cream to noodles everytime when we sat on jontiem beach , always with the same question.

"YOu buy from me, farang pay"

their looks on their faces were great when my wife explained she didn't want it , and that she was my wife . And that now she surely wasn't going to buy something. :D

When ever I go somewhere in a baht bus with my landlady, I ask her at the end how much, she tells me 20 baht, I give it to her and she gives it to the driver.

I know it's double what it should be, but don't worry about it. Of course, when she bargains with a vendor and saves me money, it more than makes up for the little extra the baht bus guys gets.

For example, I had an airconditioner installed recently, she got me a 1,000 baht discount on the price. When the crew showed up to do the install, she actually bartered them down another 500 baht !

(no, I'm not sleeping with her or anyone else in her family). I think she likes me because I pay my rent in advance, in cash !

When ever I go somewhere in a baht bus with my landlady, I ask her at the end how much, she tells me 20 baht, I give it to her and she gives it to the driver.

I know it's double what it should be, but don't worry about it. Of course, when she bargains with a vendor and saves me money, it more than makes up for the little extra the baht bus guys gets.

For example, I had an airconditioner installed recently, she got me a 1,000 baht discount on the price. When the crew showed up to do the install, she actually bartered them down another 500 baht !

(no, I'm not sleeping with her or anyone else in her family). I think she likes me because I pay my rent in advance, in cash !

Do you supply airconditioning units in all your landladies rooms?? If so there`s no wonder she gives you a 1000baht discount and you even pay for the fitting. :o

One winds up with a girl taking over his bank account, the other finds ads taking over his computer. Software can be downloaded to protect dumb people from themselves, unfortunately common sense is something you can't upgrade

This is an excellent analogy! :o

We're talking a new strain of bargirl here, and their latest tool : THE MOBILE PHONE.

Remember the days when girls wouldn't be getting texts and calls at all hours of the day and when you walked past a bar you didn't see all the girls just playing with their phones with their heads down? They are the new generation. The internet changed them at first then mobiles became affordable.

THis has completely ruined the BG scene, and I'm glad I haven't been on the scene for some years. Not that I ever was.

If the farang was stupid enough to pay the 40B and he didn't know the real price, he deserves to be taken for a ride. Maybe that's harsh but there's a lot of guys out here who aren't switched on. It doesn't take much effort to learn what you should be paying

If the farang was stupid enough to pay the 40B and he didn't know the real price, he deserves to be taken for a ride. Maybe that's harsh but there's a lot of guys out here who aren't switched on. It doesn't take much effort to learn what you should be paying

I'd hardly call being ripped off for 20B a big deal - the guy was probably a tourist who shouldn't and wouldn't know any better.

I sometimes like to pay a bit extra for things like that inThailand even though the missus gives me ###### for being too generous - it's good karma for me and I KNOW I'll make out of it somewhere else eventually

Frankly, if you guys are all that tight that you worry about someone else overpaying by 20B here and there and then you ain't learning much about Thailand are ya???

I'd hardly call being ripped off for 20B a big deal - the guy was probably a tourist who shouldn't and wouldn't know any better.

I sometimes like to pay a bit extra for things like that inThailand even though the missus gives me ###### for being too generous - it's good karma for me and I KNOW I'll make out of it somewhere else eventually

Frankly, if you guys are all that tight that you worry about someone else overpaying by 20B here and there and then you ain't learning much about Thailand are ya???

20B here and there soon adds up and this is all about economies of scale. The more you pay now the more you'll pay in the future. Prices will be driven up. I'm not tight, just saying pay what it's worth after all he was over charged by 50% right?

all of my long term ladies have always looked after me in that respect, They would never let me be over charged.....

We moved house a few months ago, my wife casually mentioned that I should only pay 5 baht in the new area. Most of the girls know very well what the prices are, but some like to gain a little 'face' by being generous with other Thais who are at about the same income level.

When we went around Patty by Sawngteaw before, I paid 10b, my wife paid 5b and our daughter (7 y.o.) didn't pay. So it all worked out fine.