Family Destination - Sth Thailand

Daewoo

I thought I had it all sorted out -

I've travelled to Thailand a fair bit, speak, read, and write a bit, but usually I stay up north in the hills - beaches aren't really my thing...

This Nov I am bringing my (Aussie) wife, 2 sons (3&5) and my mum over... flights into Phuket are already booked and paid for...

I figured 5 nights in Kata or Karon, and then a quick drive up to Krabi... but the more I look on the Internet, the less information I seem to be able to find...

Aside from Phuket, where is a nice place for a family with young kids to realx and be entertained???

Krabi obviously covers a large area, but looking at Agoda, the prices are almost as high as Phuket, and still you can't tell which area of Krabi to stay...

Some websites recommend Koh Lanta, but I am bit concerned about getting there (without flying) with 2 small kids... without paying $$$$...

Looking for somewhere quiet and family friendly... but somewhere that we can still do things other than just go to the beach all day...

All suggestions really appreciated, starting to get a bit concerned...

Cheers,

Daewoo

You could try Khao Lak about 100 clicks north of Phuket. This is very much a family resort, no bar scene, very little shopping quiet with a load of hotels from cheapo to 5-star. From there you might even like to stay a couple of nights on the Similan islands. It is a national park and they have accommodation from tents to air con rooms.

Would be an adventure for the kids. Don't forget snorkeling equipment...