Bank Account Joint

latta62

Dear Members,

My Thai girlfriend and myself want to open a joint account. I tried at Bangkok Bank but was told that I needed to have a resident visa or work in bangkok but I could if I had a business in bangkok. My question is about HSBC banK in Bangkok. Since this is a International bank I thought that they would be under a different standard then with a local Bangkok bank. Does anybody have experience with this matter. Thanks

I cannot understand why you are having a problem

I have opened about 15 bank accounts since I came to LOS and never had a problem. I presume you want a savings account. If you need a cheque account then you will need a WP

Bangkok bank told me on the phone when i called from america that i could. When i got to the Bangkok Bank they told me No. I need the information above to open a joint account. Your right I have know idea of why the trouble.

My question is about HSBC banK in Bangkok.  Since this is a International bank I thought that they would be under a different standard then with a local Bangkok bank.  Does anybody have experience with this matter.  Thanks

I have a Premier A/C with HSBC in HK and have been told by them that I can transfer my a/c to Bkk when I move to Thailand. This a/c has cheque book, etc. and credit cards for both myself and my wife. A big advantage for me is that you can hold various currencies in the a/c and easily swap from one to the other.

Bangkok bank told me on the phone when i called from america that i could.  When i got to the Bangkok Bank they told me No.  I need the information above to open a joint account.  Your right I have know idea of why the trouble.

Go to Bangkok Bank on Silom Road. I opened an account there about 6 weeks ago absolutely no problem.

Just my own personal thought is NOT to put everything in a joint account, put something in to make the other half feel happy and secure, but I believe you should always keep some "for a rainy day" or so youve got access to "play" money if you see what I mean

Dear Members,

My Thai girlfriend and myself want to open a joint account.  I tried at Bangkok Bank but was told that I needed to have a resident visa or work in bangkok but I could if I had a business in bangkok.  My question is about HSBC banK in Bangkok.  Since this is a International bank I thought that they would be under a different standard then with a local Bangkok bank.  Does anybody have experience with this matter.  Thanks

You can actually open a Baht savings account as a non resident.

You will have to produce your passport and they may ask you to produce proof that the initial deposit has been derived from foreign currency i.e. from GB Pounds or US Dollars etc.

As you are not living in Thailand I cannot see the advantage of having a joint account. maybe separate accounts for you and your girfriend would be easier to operate for the both of you. You can then control the amount of money going from your account into your girfriend`s account, and you could always transfer funds into your girfriend`s account very swiftly from abroard should the need arise.

Bangkok Bank as suggested above in Silom Road are very helpful.

Dear Members,

My Thai girlfriend and myself want to open a joint account.  I tried at Bangkok Bank but was told that I needed to have a resident visa or work in bangkok but I could if I had a business in bangkok.  My question is about HSBC banK in Bangkok.  Since this is a International bank I thought that they would be under a different standard then with a local Bangkok bank.  Does anybody have experience with this matter.  Thanks

You want to open a joint account with your Thai girlfriend !, I guess that was her idea.

Don't board that plane. :o:D:D:D