Government Keeps The Vat - Now 3 Years

Does anyone know of a company or person who can help with getting a VAT refund from the government.

We have been given the run around for 3 years citing that papers are missing or the person in charge has not been in office etc...

Still we have to keep on paying our VAT each month even though the government owe us about 200.000thb..

Of course it's just BS as they don't want to pay up, but surely they can't keep it up.

From asking around I hear that we are not the only ones with this problem when it comes to VAT... is this a scam sponsored by the government?

Any ideas?

Its been almost 3 years that I have been trying to collect over 10MM in VAT refunds. I am getting the same run around from the Saraburi Dept. of Rev office. Lost documents, additional documents needed, explanations of how selling price is computed. Each time I comply with their request I ask if anything else is needed and the answer is always this should be all that is needed. Seems like they have a script to follow to wear you down.

The accounting firm I use has recommended that perhaps the firm I use for auditing our business could help. It will probably cost me an additional 1MM to get my money back if I do get it.

Never had problems with the VAT office.

Both in getting a refund, or getting VAT credits.

Getting the refund needed a bit of convincing and explaining why a relatively small company with a big investment (along with big VAT input payment) could really use the cash refund to operate said business. less then 30 days to get the check...