Bangkok To Hong Kong

NewGuy

I'm thinking of bypassing Songkran this year by visiting Hong Kong before the water festival and returning after it.

Which airlines can get me there at a fair (inexpensive) price. Do you have their web sites?

Thanks, all.

Hi -

I travel quite often out of Bkk and have had great luck with www.tv-air.co.th They have great air and packages to Hong Kong and Singapore. Don't try to book online as they never answer but go to the office on Silom at Soi 17. Avoid the office at Emporium as they much too busy to be helpful.

Air Asia to Macau then Turbocat to Central, HK (45 mins)
The math isn't as good as it seems. The turbocat is not cheap, see.

Plus you spend twice as long getting from Macau to Hk as you do on the plane itself.

www.tv-air.co.th

TV air is hopeless, they cancelled my confirmed flight when a wait listed flight became free. Then didn't tell me they'd changed the dates.

Also they are arrogant. If you want a cheap fare they get very snooty. Just try mentioning 'Phuket Air' to them, they practically vomit over you.

gulf air flights are often offered cheaper than the rest , but my one time with gulf air , hk to bkk , was a nightmare of unexplained delays , hostile ground and cabin staff , and a filthy old plane with even filthier toilets.

it may just have been a bad day for gulf air , but i cant recommend them , however cheap.

Plus you spend twice as long getting from Macau to Hk as you do on the plane itself.

www.tv-air.co.th
TV air is hopeless, they cancelled my confirmed flight when a wait listed flight became free. Then didn't tell me they'd changed the dates.

Also they are arrogant. If you want a cheap fare they get very snooty. Just try mentioning 'Phuket Air' to them, they practically vomit over you.

My wife and I have always found tv air reliable,efficient and responsive to my requests.

There is usually a standing ad in the BKK post for Business class to either Hong Kong or Singers. It's around 10,000฿ and it's buy one get one free. Travel is by FinnAir on an MD11 so it's First Class really. Very good value for money. We went to Singapore.

www.tv-air.co.th

My wife and I have always found tv air reliable,efficient and responsive to my requests.

Well in all fairness - I have also heard bad things about TV air. Co-workers in my office use them exclusively, including myself with very good luck. You are right about Phuket Air though, but have found many travel agencies don't use them as they don't pay commission to the agent and their computer system not interact with standard Amadeus Airline Computer system.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get to HK from Macau for about $140 HK each way which isn't much when you consider that the express train from Central is $100 to the airport each way. You do have to consider the extra time though, a couple of hours.