Anyone ever heard of a non immigrant c visa

Guest IT Manager

B.  TYPES OF VISAS AND PURPOSES OF VISIT

In Thailand, there are numerous visa categories, with eight major types issued under the Immigration Act. Each category is restricted to a specific purpose. Aliens are advised to strictly adhere to the rules governing each visa category. A visa authorizes entry into Thailand for a specific length of time depending upon the type of visa. The passport will show the date of authorized entry. The permissible duration of stay is always entered in the passport.

1.  Transit Visa "TS".  Applicable to aliens entering Thailand with an intention to travel on to another country.

2.  Tourist Visa "TR".  Applicable to aliens visiting Thailand for sightseeing purposes only.

3.  Non-Immigrant Visa.  Applicable to aliens entering Thailand on a temporary basis for a particular purpose:

B" - Business.

"IM" - Investment which has been approved by the ministries or departments concerned.

"IB" - Investment or other affairs connected with an investment under the law governing investment promotion.

"ED" - Study or observation.

"M" - Performance of duties connected with the mass media.

"R" - Missionary work with approval from the ministry or department concerned.

"RS" - Scientific research or teaching in a research or educational institution in Thailand.

"Ex" - Performance of skilled or expert work.

"O" - Other purposes as prescribed in the ministerial regulations (as dependents, retired persons, sports trainers, or for family reunions, medical treatment, and legal proceedings).

4.  Diplomatic Visa "D". Applicable to those aliens entering the Kingdom on a diplomatic or consular mission or for the performance of duties with international organizations.

5.  Official Visa "F".  Performance of official duties (involving the Thai government).

6.  Immigrant Visa (Permanent Residence).  Applicable to those aliens entering Thailand for permanent residence purposes.

7.  Non-Quota Immigrant Visa.  Applicable to permanent residents wishing to leave Thailand and return within a year.

8.  Courtesy Visa.  Applicable to those diplomatic and/or official passport holders who enter the Kingdom for purposes other than official duties and to those ordinary passport holders who enter the Kingdom in response to an official Thai request.

Wonder what is the criteria they will look into when issuing VISA's for IT Guys. Is it based on Qualifications ? or simply by producing the details of past experiance?

Is this VISA only applicable if live in Phuket?

Do they also need a work permit?

Guest IT Manager
For the information of members and guests; no he is not into IT, much the opposite. I told him had not heard of such a thing, I haven't changed that opinion.

A friend of mine says a friend of his has a non immigrant C. I haven't come across it. Anyone else?

Sounds like a NON IMMIGRANT O that didn't print completely and ended up looking like the letter C

I would think the new IT Visa would be an "EX" for performance of skilled or expert work.