Teachers Skipping School

often times we here of teachers not going to school because they "just did not feel up to it", or because of "personal problems" and this makes we wonder if these teachers ever think about the fall out from their missing class? What are the acceptable guidelines between teachers for being absent from class? Are their any and does anyone ever speak out to the teachers who miss class for reasons beyond being too sick to teach.

We have a lot of part timers who cancel classes all the time. Administration doesn't care, so why should they? We (they - admins) have moved towards hiring more and more part-timers to save on benefits, holiday pay, etc. They get what they get.

lol...my teacher missed the first week of school....horrible, isnt it??? he/she had said that she sent an email out to all the students notifying them....i didn't get anything....................

it's the first week of school...how could he/she even know if everyone knew how to opperate the school email etc...

I really don't think he/she really sent the email because the class was FULL of students which I'M SURE that more than 50% have checked their student email and didn't recieve anything...

whatever..it's just irresponsible..

maybe my teacher reads this forum =)

Edited by ihunnieibee