Aftermarket Wheels Hilux Vigo.

hi there, i have just purchased a 3L vigo cab model. i love the truck but the wheels are poxy 15's that look like they belong on a daihatsu mira.

obviously something like 22's would look the best, but i want to keep it practical for bumpy roads and stuff. so i was thinking maybe 20in would be the best upgrade, im really new to this kind of stuff so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. i also cant lower the suspension as with 2 dirt bikes on the back it needs all the arch room it can get.

thanks for any help!

Edited by sundaypsychos

hi there, i have just purchased a 3L vigo cab model. i love the truck but the wheels are poxy 15's that look like they belong on a daihatsu mira.

obviously something like 22's would look the best, but i want to keep it practical for bumpy roads and stuff. so i was thinking maybe 20in would be the best upgrade, im really new to this kind of stuff so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. i also cant lower the suspension as with 2 dirt bikes on the back it needs all the arch room it can get.

thanks for any help!

If you've just bought this new, and you but bigger wheels on it - even 16s, even if installed by the dealership - it voids the warranty.

noah vail, thanks that never occurred to me, i guess ill ask at the dealership and try and find a way around it. either way they have to go as the 15's look crap.

bsj, so if i got 18's with this 104v rubber on it have you any idea how much that would cost for 4 tyres?? cheers!

dave boo, each to their own eh! i hate the look of stock cars/trucks...

thanks for all the opinions everyone. anyone got any first hand experience???

Hi,

I have changed tires on all of my cars..

I started off on the triton with 22's but kept having problems because of the low profile on the tire...

The 20's are good enough and they are not so much more expensive than the 18's'''

Go to the local dealer and start haggeling... Offer the new tires you have for a trade inn, sell the spare wheel also as it will not fit the new dimensions, then you buy one 14inch metal cheap thing and put a tire with same diameter as the 20's, save you when you need it in the wilderness...

The 20' should cost you from 45000B total too 90000 depending on what quality you have...

I looked at some 20's three days ago (I'm thinking of swapping my jazz for the new engine Vigo) and they told me at the shop... 84000B total, minus a big discuount and a bit of haggling,,, finish on 40000B... so good luck...

Ps, make sure the tires are not too wide...

snowflake, thanks for the advice. i went to the shop today and sounds like we were offered a similar deal. the lenso wheels i looked at( 20in, black with a chrome frame) were 30,000 for the wheels, then rubber was another 5,000 a corner. and then they offered me 15,000 for the original toyota wheels. so i would end up paying 35,000 or thereabouts. currently talking to toyota about voiding the warranty and they seem adamant it wont be an issue as long as i dont fiddle with the suspension.

265/50/20 tyres seem like the go right......?

Hi,

I have changed tires on all of my cars..

I started off on the Triton with 22's but kept having problems because of the low profile on the tire...

The 20's are good enough and they are not so much more expensive than the 18's'''

Go to the local dealer and start haggling... Offer the new tires you have for a trade inn, sell the spare wheel also as it will not fit the new dimensions, then you buy one 14inch metal cheap thing and put a tire with same diameter as the 20's, save you when you need it in the wilderness...

The 20' should cost you from 45000B total too 90000 depending on what quality you have...

I looked at some 20's three days ago (I'm thinking of swapping my jazz for the new engine Vigo) and they told me at the shop... 84000B total, minus a big discount and a bit of haggling... finish on 40000B... so good luck...

Ps, make sure the tires are not too wide...

I don't particularly like the 16" tires that are sold with the new Isuzu Mu-7. I want to change to a larger size and nicer looking profile tire but how do I determine the maximum tire size that will not void the new car warranty and more importantly, will be within this car's engineered handling dynamics: accurate speedometer readings, braking and suspension abililities, etc.? Edited by Ahnsahn

I can't help with the cost of wheels and tyres in LOS. On a recent purchase, I do know the 18" rubber for my Jeep ranged in price from Au$289 to $649 per wheel! As I had a set of 17" wheels as well I checked ebay for both sizes and ended up with a set of 4 x 17" Toyo's that do the trick! Only 3% difference in rolling distance compared to the 18". And the 4 only cost me Au$440 fitted.

There are many.....lets say cheaper brands, usually Chinese, that are available. But in all honesty I would not be happy with them. There may be a few good ones but when your travelling at speed in the heat the well known brands are what you want.

Sure I would have loved the Michelin's, but for Au$649 per wheel it was way over my budget! The Toyo's are fine. They are quiet at speed and feel stable cornering and braking.

hey i have a friend who wants wheels on his jazz aswell. looking at your car there are 17's the go there, or would you recommend otherwise?

I have 17" on my Jazz now... A friend of mine (who owns the tire shop where I buy my wheels has 19" on a Yaris) He did not recomend more than 17" on small cars... Something with suspension and set up... A car eats tires more quickly than a pick up...

Rotate your wheels every 10000-13000KM to get maximum usage off them..

Good luck...