Counterfeiting In Kao San Road

sunholidaysun1

On my last visit to Kao San road a couple of years ago , I remember a couple of street vendors openly advertising their skills of counterfeiting anything and everything from Degree scrolls to UK driving licences etc etc . I looked at the UK driving licence on the stall , got my Driving licence out of my wallet to see if I could see the difference, I couldnt. It could have been a genuine UK driving licence that they bought from someone and showed it as the fake but insisted that was a forgery .

I then asked about counterfeit money , and the man whispered in my ear , what currency and how much , I asked can you do it he said yes.

I said I would think about it and walked off. I never returned as it could have been undercover police trying to nab someone for purchasing fake goods as what were on offer. I mention all of this due to the English man in Phuket who was arrested with supposedly fake 20 GBP notes when exchanging them in a Thai bank.

So have you ever had anything copied from any of these people or knowingly bought counterfeit currency in Thailand ?

On my last visit to Kao San road a couple of years ago , I remember a couple of street vendors openly advertising their skills of counterfeiting anything and everything from Degree scrolls to UK driving licences etc etc . I looked at the UK driving licence on the stall , got my Driving licence out of my wallet to see if I could see the difference, I couldnt. It could have been a genuine UK driving licence that they bought from someone and showed it as the fake but insisted that was a forgery .

I then asked about counterfeit money , and the man whispered in my ear , what currency and how much , I asked can you do it he said yes.

I said I would think about it and walked off. I never returned as it could have been undercover police trying to nab someone for purchasing fake goods as what were on offer. I mention all of this due to the English man in Phuket who was arrested with supposedly fake 20 GBP notes when exchanging them in a Thai bank.

So have you ever had anything copied from any of these people or knowingly bought counterfeit currency in Thailand ?

Well this post is going to last a long time... :):D