Road Sweeper Killed On Rama Ii Road

george

Road sweeper killed on Rama II Road

BANGKOK: -- A female road sweeper was found killed on the Ram II Road Tuesday morning, police said.

The vehicle that killed Sunisa Jaemthiengtrong, 37, had already fled the scene when her body was sported by a passing motorist at 6 am. Only a small fracture of headlight was found at the scene.

Police said the body was found on the inbound side of the road.

Pol Sub-Lt Trakul Kaewwaen, an investigator of Samer Dam police station, said Sunisa was the sweeper of the road and began her work at 5 am every weekday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-18

Poor lady, but seriously what is it with Thais and fleeing the scene? There's probably a chance that she didn't die instantly, why not stop to make sure, who knows maybe she could have survived. The driver is a f.ing coward.

Have you considered the fact that it might not have been a Thai who fled the scene? I agree though, she may well have not died instantly and it's a sad day when people put their selfish needs above all else.

Correct, there is a less than 1% chance that it was a farang.

Have you considered the fact that it might not have been a Thai who fled the scene? I agree though, she may well have not died instantly and it's a sad day when people put their selfish needs above all else.

You, of course, have conclusive evidence of your percentage?

Not picking sides, but in newspapers every time there is an accident involving a bus or 10 wheel truck where some dies the driver usually flees the scene, and how many farang you know drive buses or 10 wheel trucks.

Yes. How many cars, driven by farangs, are on the streets in Thailand? 1,000? 5,000?

And how many cars on the roads are driven by Thais? Simple percentages. Unless you didn't do maths at school.

My condolences to her friends and family.

We have these street sweepers on my road and in the morning the traffic is way to busy for them to be out there--it's also too dark. It's not a safe place to work and some of them are not as careful as they should be.

Very sad.

People have been know to leave the scene in the US and even with witnesses taking down a plate number,  Then its a problem of proving who had use of the car at the time.  Most the time it involves someone that been drinking.  Lets see I know names in one case without witnesses like Sen. Ted Kennedy.   Just following the advice of his lawyer which he called before an aid car.   A jurk is a jurk some are just taller then others.  

Rama 2, perhaps 1 in 1000 car's is driven by a foreigner? That would make it 0.1% :)

A tragic way to lose your wife, for such a job. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to this woman’s family and friends. Her willingness to work long days cleaning the street tells me she was a woman willing to work hard for a small amount of money. I applaud her pride, fortitude, and apparent integrity.

I have often feared for the safety of these diligent and courageous daughters and sons of Thailand.

When I told a Thai friend of this tragedy, her response was to lower her head shaking it side to side. My reaction seems more intense including anger and again confusion. Living in Thailand only a relatively short time I do realize the likelihood that the coward who thought so little of this woman’s life will be caught and or punished.

I wonder if this Thai person’s reaction is somewhat similar to “learned helplessness.” This term was the result of and experiment many years ago where, no matter what the subject’s behavior, the outcome was beyond the subject’s control. Eventually the subject accepted its fate, because there was NOTHING the subject could do to change the outcome or gain control of the situation.

When I asked her if she thought the BIB would find the killer, and if this pathetic individual would be jailed, she looked at me like I was asking some incomprehensible question.

I wonder if there are any Thai people who understand “learned helplessness”? Do any of you/us think there will be consequences for this blatant disregard?

:)

Poor lady, but seriously what is it with Thais and fleeing the scene?

Because "rich" motorist will be blamed and possibly jailed for anything, even if it was a pedestrian is illegally jaywalking...

Result? People flee the scene instead of helping.

(In this case of course, she wasn't 'jaywalking' if she was a streetsweeper.)