Lost Husband

java

Boo... Just as well I didn't take that bet... half the board would be getting drunk on Chang at my expense... perhaps not a bad thing.

Zarkov.

I don't ever remember saying that Norwegians get a good education or indeed that they do not. I've never been to Norway and I only know three Norwegians so I'd be reluctant to make such a judgement.

I know too that Norwegians do learn English, and from my limited contact it seems they learn with an American accent. Can you enlighten me, do Norwegians learn American English or English English (there being something of a difference).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo... Just as well I didn't take that bet... half the board would be getting drunk on Chang at my expense... perhaps not a bad thing.

Zarkov.

I don't ever remember saying that Norwegians get a good education or indeed that they do not. I've never been to Norway and I only know three Norwegians so I'd be reluctant to make such a judgement.

I know too that Norwegians do learn English, and from my limited contact it seems they learn with an American accent. Can you enlighten me, do Norwegians learn American English or English English (there being something of a difference).

No, you didn't say Norwegians have a good or bad education-system, since you thought the OP was British. And that was the point.

Norwegians are in the same situations as Swedes...we are tought British English (often with an amazing windsor-accent from an 89 year old teacher! :o ) and then we go home and <deleted> it up with american movies, american tv-show and american wares of all kind.

Se we keep mixing color and colour until were not sure what is the correct form. :D

..then we go home and <deleted> it up with american movies, american tv-show and american wares of all kind.

Precisely my point - The OP is churning out puch perfect English English.

..then we go home and <deleted> it up with american movies, american tv-show and american wares of all kind.

No, not perfect...but I bet she will be happy that you think well of her english-skills. =)

Anyway, should we let this resume ontopic now, when a new page has arrived...

Move on - unfortunately the person you view as a husband isn't a man at all - if he's going to leave and start elsewhere he certainly shouldnt do a runner elsewhere in the world. He has responsibilities whether he likes it or not. Seek  immediate legal counsel and try to gain some financial security for you and your family.

I totally agree.

Sadly, it looks like he was making an effort over a considerable period of time to trick you.

You have my sympathy.

forget him and start a new life try legal advice as quoted. :o

Move on - unfortunately the person you view as a husband isn't a man at all - if he's going to leave and start elsewhere he certainly shouldnt do a runner elsewhere in the world. He has responsibilities whether he likes it or not. Seek  immediate legal counsel and try to gain some financial security for you and your family.

I totally agree.

Sadly, it looks like he was making an effort over a considerable period of time to trick you.

You have my sympathy.

forget him and start a new life try legal advice as quoted. :o

YE YE YE

Could it be because theres a VERY high chance their teacher learnt English in the UK rather than America? :o

Dont think ive met one scando on UK shores with an american accent, and I must have met hundreds while @ uni, mostly the fairer sex :D

Joey Boy

forgot to add.. They all spoke very good english, yer to used to thaiglish Guesthouse  :o

Could it be because theres a VERY high chance their teacher learnt English in the UK rather than America? blink.gif

The yer as in "yer used to" and the "lernt" shows you speak American English.

More specifically Western American. At least thats my guess as to where yer lernt yer English.

:D

I was reading some time ago about a lady who asked her husband to go to the shops to buy a cabbage so she could cook dinner.

That was the last she saw of him.

Two months later she found out that he was in Bangkok living with a Thai woman so she wrote to an agony aunt saying she was at her wits end and what should she do?

Open a tin of peas was the reply.

Joey Boy
forgot to add.. They all spoke very good english, yer to used to thaiglish Guesthouse  :o

Could it be because theres a VERY high chance their teacher learnt English in the UK rather than America? blink.gif

The yer as in "yer used to" and the "lernt" shows you speak American English.

More specifically Western American. At least thats my guess as to where yer lernt yer English.

:D

Australians use "yer" as well, it is not unique to Western USA.

/Another Scandinavian with a mid-Atlantic accent spiced up with a bit of Aussie slang.

An'us?

What do we say? :o

OP get a lawyer. Get it on record. File your claim(s) against him in your local court, serve the papers to your governments foreign office and have them appeal to Thai Immigration to locate and serve him papers. The foreign office and your lawyer should be able to contact a Thai/farang law firm to help you with the Thai end. He'll surface. When he does, put the screws to him. :D

Let the lawyers do their job and keep it simple. :D

Make sure you completely understand any and all fee arrangements. :D

Keep your head up and get on with your life. :D

• 8 months later...

It has been a quite difficult year but we have started a new life in a new house in the same city. The hardest thing will be to find a job but I will get it... I am sure. I did not do any wrong thing so, I did not need to run away and my head has been very up and will be in the future.. in this small city nobody can tell a bad thing about me and the children will feel very proud. I have been very alone since not even his family has helped us at any way. His family has even tried to get advantages for them.

I have been once at the Court but the proposal I got from his lawyer was a real shame... so, I did not accept it... the fight will go on. They offered me quite less money than I invested while he wants to get as much as possible, no way!!!. If I would be speaking about a company... my investments were 70% while his were 30%. But I learnt something... I will never trust on men again.

Nobody heard a single word from him. The police knows he was in Singapore and later in Chiang mai -his gf "Gung" is from there-. His family tried to reach him through an announcement at one of the main newspapers in Bangkok -between july and august- because his father died in july... but "Don" that is his nick, did not show up.

I will go back to the Court very soon and I hope the result will be more fear this time for all of us.

When someone has treated you badly in life or in business, we often want to get some kind of revenge. Quite a few years ago I had a business partner who was a real crook. When our partnership broke up he got the money and I got the bills. It actually took me several years to pay everything off, while the last time I saw him he was driving a Porsche! On the face of things, he should be happy and I should be misrable. However, life isn't that simple. Rather than thinking about revenge, I just got on with my life. (Plus, as an added bonus, I can now spot a con man miles off! :o ) Not surprisingly, a mutual acquantaintence told me that my ex partner was moaning about the fact that he has no friends.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I do think that people eventually get what they deserve! Your husband's character will be his downfall. Try to get on with your life and don't waste your time trying to get revenge.

Good luck.

How did you know that he has a Thai girlfriend and her name and that she is from CM ?

To leave 3 kids and want no further contact, what an arse.

He will get what he deserves, it always comes back at some stage. Almost everyone that has screwed me at some stage has had something happen seriously bad to them one way or another and none of it my doing.

You should try to find him if you can afford it.Get a court order against him, he is still responsible for the childrens support and so on. Then next time when he travels, he may have some problems, especially when/if he comes back into your country.

Reply to N&M.-

The same friend of him told me that but I do not believe that person too much. Maybe they are together in business?. She calls him Don because he is very rich. I have strong reasons to think my still husband has put "the eggs in more than one basket".. bangkok, pattaya, pukhet, jomtien, kho lanta??, etc.

I got more information little by little the last year from close friends of mine and even my father and I knew then... he was very fond of young girls and not so young... due to his way of looking at them... specially one of them felt so bad that the whole family left the party... So, everybody realized but they kept silent in front of me. After so many unpleasant things who wants him back?... nobody.

The kids would not accept him... how he would be able to explain them he chose himself instead of them..., he was acting all the time telling that I was not a good mother, our house was a mess, telling lies about me at my back to his family and friends to justify his behaviour and actions, telling he would like to travel and work in different countries and find the perfect woman?... and so on. How a man who is 49 y.o. actually can do something like that?.

It has been a quite difficult year but we have started a new life in a new house in the same city. The hardest thing will be to find a job but I will get it... I am sure. I did not do any wrong thing so, I did not need to run away and my head has been very up and will be in the future.. in this small city nobody can tell a bad thing about me and the children will feel very proud. I have been very alone since not even his family has helped us at any way. His family has even tried to get advantages for them.

I have been once at the Court but the proposal I got from his lawyer was a real shame... so, I did not accept it... the fight will go on. They offered me quite less money than I invested while he wants to get as much as possible, no way!!!. If I would be speaking about a company... my investments were 70% while his were 30%. But I learnt something... I will never trust on men again.

Nobody heard a single word from him. The police knows he was in Singapore and later in Chiang mai -his gf "Gung" is from there-. His family tried to reach him through an announcement at one of the main newspapers in Bangkok -between july and august- because his father died in july... but "Don" that is his nick, did not show up.

I will go back to the Court very soon and I hope the result will be more fear this time for all of us.

Java 1 man does not equate to all!! There are many very fine men out there. Take time for yourself, take care of your families needs. Grow and heal yourself. When you feel strong you will find that life can be even better. Put as much in place as you can to possibly recoup some of the $, but don't spend undo time and energy on it as it will only serve to prolong the misery for you. Put your energy into your new life and your children. Best of luck to you :o

Java 1 man does not equate to all!! There are many very fine men out there. Take time for yourself, take care of your families needs. Grow and heal yourself. When you feel strong you will find that life can be even better. Put as much in place as you can to possibly recoup some of the $, but don't spend undo time and energy on it as it will only serve to prolong the misery for you. Put your energy into your new life and your children. Best of luck to you :o

This is great advice java. :D

This is great advice java. :D

Dear Java: the last 2 posts are (I presume) meant in a positive way. I would like to add that you are most likely suffering already quite some time about the 'actions' of your ex-hb.

You still have a lot of negative anger towards the man and situation and that's understandable. But, like 'bggg' and 'Uma' already said...try to change that into positive energy and focus on your children and future, because they will be effected by your negative attitude and see a sad and angry Mommy. I think they would like to see their Mommy happy again.

Anger can make a human being sick...very sick and it 'eats' a lot of energy, energy you might want to use for a positive change in your life again

Wish you all the best!

LaoPo