After being quoted half a million baht for my proposed 4 X 6 Not Much Bigger Than A Lap Pool, I've decided to build it myself, or rather get my builder to do it whilst he's putting my house up. A Thai friend's just told me he's been quoted a 6,000 baht maintenance fee per month by the pool company he's using. Bit steep isn't it? Can anyone enlighten me as to what's involved so I can do this myself and not end up with a rather large fish pond instead of my rather small pool? Thankyou.

Here's a thread on the topic..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=994&hl=pool

Yes, you can do it yourself, as I can attest to, but it won't be painless, I can also guarantee. If you do it right, it's a bit tricky, and it takes someone with experience to minimize problems down the road, Lots of ways to ###### things up when building a pool...

Upkeep should be a LOT cheaper than 6,000 a month, even including chemicals, in my experience. It really isn't difficult to do yourself, after a bit of learning...My chemical costs are about 500 per month for Trichlor tabs, and about 400 baht per month for electricity to run the pump 12 hours per day...

Good luck. You'll need it :o

Hi I pay around 1200 baht a month for up keep of my pool for that they come 3 times a week vacum the pool bottom, and keep it clean well worth the money.

That's better than what I was quoted in CM last year... 2000 per month, once a week for cleaning/checking, not including chemicals. From PoolMaster. My pool size is 2x10x1.80 meters

I bought the brush, hose and vacuum head for less than 2500 baht, and just do the cleaning myself while swimming. I'm there to excercise, anyway. :o

Edited by Ajarn

A screwed up swimming pool can be costly. I suggest kissing the money goodby and hiring the professionals.

Maintenence must be a ritual. Vacuming, skimming, backwashing, disassemble filters, scrubbing tiles, checking PH and Chlorine, pipes leak, pumps fail, miss a few days, go on vacation and you may grow some algea that is difficult to get rid of.

A pool is for relaxing, no?

A weekly service should be OK if you do a bit of the light work yourself.