Us Wii Works Great But Need Advice For Mod

chuckacinco

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere. My searches of this site aren't giving me the information I need.

What do I need to do so that I can use locally sold game disks for my US Wii? I would really appreciate some advice. My family loves this game system.

Also, I'm using a power converter (220 to 120) can I get a new power cable here that converts to the same DC voltage to skip the converter?

Thank you very much.

chuckacinco

you need to install a modchip or an exploit.

Thank you NHJ for your quick response.

Can I just go to MBK and tell them what I want and have it taken care of there? If so, any advice on the mod chip or the exploit which I assume means the soft-modding?

I am very grateful for your advice and appreciate your time.

chuckacinco

i don't live in bkk but i think MBK or pantip would be the place to ask, hard mod is the modchip and exploit is the soft mod.

go for hard mod and ask for a chip that'll make your wii region free.just to be sure you don"'t get an old mochip.

Thank you everyone for responding.

I went to MBK and asked about 8 shops what to do. The soft mod is going from 600 to 800 Baht. The chip thing was solid at 1,500.

I was told that the chip was the way to go to avoid having to re-mod to accommodate updates.

I don't know if I got an old chip or not. I bought a bunch of games, a few 2009 issue and everything works.

Thank you Thaivisa and everyone who responded.

chuckacinco