Thai / Isaan Folk Law

thaimite

My wife often tries to explain some of the older tradions and customs to me along with stories she learnt as a child, however something invariably gets lost in the translation.

Can anybody point me to some English books or websites that relate some of these tales

There is a book entitled 'Thai ways' I forget the name of the author, he passed away a couple of years ago. I recommened reading that book for insight into some of the folk stories. Many of their folk tales are very silimlar to those we read in the west. Esops tales etc...

There is a book entitled 'Thai ways' I forget the name of the author, he passed away a couple of years ago. I recommened reading that book for insight into some of the folk stories. Many of their folk tales are very silimlar to those we read in the west. Esops tales etc...

Aesops fables are available in printed versions from B2B in central they are in Thai and English script and have been changed to suit Thai or are there folk stories..

example of a line from Three Wishes "Boiled rice again!" the man complained !

i use them for studying Thai they only cost 15 baht and are in full colour!

Go into the childrens section and have a look around..

www.aksaraforkids.com is the name on the books...

Great for learning with the mrs as she reads the English and i read the Thai more fun than your average learn a language book as you both can join in at the same time and are both learning instead of one you been bored silly.. plus there are cartoon pictures :)

Aesops fables are available in printed versions from B2B in central they are in Thai and English script and have been changed to suit Thai or are there folk stories..

example of a line from Three Wishes "Boiled rice again!" the man complained !

i use them for studying Thai they only cost 15 baht and are in full colour!

Go into the childrens section and have a look around..

www.aksaraforkids.com is the name on the books...

Great for learning with the mrs as she reads the English and i read the Thai more fun than your average learn a language book as you both can join in at the same time and are both learning instead of one you been bored silly.. plus there are cartoon pictures :)

Thanks for the replies.

Could anybody give me some more details of this (ISBN, Thai Name, Author etc) as I am in Ubon and may need to order it

www.aksaraforkids.com

isbn 974 528 158 1

three wishes cost 15baht... in colour with Thai and English...

but i cannot find this book on the website so not sure how you know if they are in English and Thai..

you should probably email them....