Airport Lounge

brianw

I am thinking of paying about 900 baht to use the Louis Tavern First class lounge is it worth it i.e free alcohol food showers toilets etc. or can you purchase an entry into any airline lounge (I am travelling with EVA)

I haven't been to it but I think I would if I had a couple of hours to kill and needed a shower and somewhere to sit down for a snack and drink. I do enjoy using the Thai lounge for that last minute opportunity to relax away from the crowds before the flight. It's possibly the best perk of having gold ff status.

It's an adequate lounge but if you have already checked their website, there's no showers or rooms available. It's also the lounge that can be used by PriorityPass members. There's a 3-hour cap on your visit so if 300 baht/hour is alright with you, go for it. I have used it maybe 3 times and there is no service as such, it's self serve and the snacks are quite limited but there is a coffee machine and the fridge has a decent selection of cold beverages too. I never saw it anything like busy and the airconditioning was bloody cold! Sorted that out with some Jack Daniels though.

I am SORRY I put is it worth it I meant has any one used it and what is it like a straight answer would be appreciated

I'd use it just for the added comfort. Prices at the airport are outrageous.

Food is generally sandwiches, fruit cake and biscuits. Drinks are booze, alcohols, juices, tea and coffee.

Free wifi access, free computer access.

Showers I never saw any and the toilets you share with the common man/ woman. The Thai lounges even have beds.

On top of all this is so much sycophantic service (even by Thai standards) and smiles you want to slap them.

You can pay 650 baht for lounge access

Apparently as a new-ish member I can't post URLs, but go to bangkokflightservices dot com

and then under 'our services' choose 'premium airport services' .. includes alcohol and showers.

Not going to be as special as the Thai Airways first class lounge and spa, of course :)