Reorganization Possible?

klikster

With 2 large ad banners at the top of the page, then the 10 SEPARATELY pinned topics, it's necessary to scroll almost half way down the screen before being able to see any of the active topics. Is it possible to get those pinned topics included under 1 or 2 "resource" topics?

I agree. What is the reasoning behind so many pinned topics? Seems excessive when compared to other forums.

Come on lets put it into perspective. Only 10 pinned Topics . No real problem surely.

If it wasn't for a couple of Guys updating the pinned topics on a regular basis this forum would hibernate :D

Reorganisation !? You guys need to get out more, Don't you have Thai Inlaws to reorganise and keep at bay ? or Grass to cut or something :)

I agree. What is the reasoning behind so many pinned topics? Seems excessive when compared to other forums.

Come on lets put it into perspective. Only 10 pinned Topics . No real problem surely.

If it wasn't for a couple of Guys updating the pinned topics on a regular basis this forum would hibernate :D

Reorganisation !? You guys need to get out more, Don't you have Thai Inlaws to reorganise and keep at bay ? or Grass to cut or something :D

Agree 200% ! ! !

First they took away our brilliant moderator and replaced with some people from the south (Chiang Mai) and now someone from Cha Am want to reorganize our forum!

Keep your fingers away from Chiang Rai !

If you don´t like the forum, go somewhere else!

:):D:D

If you don´t like the forum, go somewhere else!

Is this a companion rant to "Thailand, Love It or Leave It"?

Sorry, my fault!

It should be " If you don´t like the Chiang Rai Forum, go somewhere else! "

If you put that line in together with the rest of the text, then you might understand.

:D:):D

I never spoke about this, because it is how it is, and the forum has rules, but now that i saw this topic, i think i have to speak.

Limbo worked a lot to get this forum going.

He loves Chiangrai and many people from Chiangmai.

Loads of people just like to complain.

I think The Nation, or at least the people in CR would be happy to have him back.

Because he writes like a journalist about Chiangrai. With loads of topics where we are interested in, Local people for local forums, is (for me) BEST.

Fact is that he is interested in the culture of CR and Thailand for many years allready, not only that he is interested, he also remembers what people tell him, so he can post it on the forum, i do not complain about the moderator who we have now, but for CR. Limbo was the absolute guru, and i miss him on the forum.

Thanks Limbo! You did good work!

• 2 weeks later...
With 2 large ad banners at the top of the page, then the 10 SEPARATELY pinned topics, it's necessary to scroll almost half way down the screen before being able to see any of the active topics. Is it possible to get those pinned topics included under 1 or 2 "resource" topics?

I was treating this like a joke but the the 2 banner ads are in one row making in essence a single one ans there are only 8 pinned topics. To tell you the truth I've never once found any of this a problem, now I do find the inserted Google adverts a bit annoying but I do the same on my websites, after all someone has to pay for bandwidth. :)

I was treating this like a joke but the the 2 banner ads are in one row making in essence a single one ans there are only 8 pinned topics. To tell you the truth I've never once found any of this a problem, now I do find the inserted Google adverts a bit annoying but I do the same on my websites, after all someone has to pay for bandwidth. :)

It's indeed a fact that too many pinned topics (and ads of course) make the 'front page' smaller. The topics move quicker to the second page and I guess 90 percent of the members and guests of the forum never look further than the front page. The 'circulation time' or 'exposure time' of the topics thus gets less.

For the users that daily use the forum no problem but that's a minority.

If I see that the 'motorsports forum' that P1P started in February last year was activated only three times in 20 months, resulting in meager five postings, then one asks himself why it is pinned. Even if there would be a motorsport event in CR nobody would notice it as it is buried as a pinned topic.

With an average of 3 views a day it's far from being a topper. If anybody knows about an upcoming motorsports vent, please post it in the main section, because I am sure that I will miss it when it is posted in the pinned section.

Okey, Don's forum is another thing. Crowboy wanted obviously to please him as an advertiser, maybe even to prevent a new topic being opened every week by Don's friends asking again and again where his shop is on which he explains it with an angels patience (GPS might be a solution there 555!).

The contributors consists of two groups, those who are fans and those who are disappointed customers, mostly complaining about the service.

Don's and the weather topic (just look out of the window or check the excellent site of the Thai Metereological Department) are two joke topics and one could ask also in these cases why they should be pinned.

The same about the topic I started four years ago about Community events: on average just 15 views a day.

If a community event is presented on the 'front page' of the forum it will get between 35 and 50 views a day and when the event has past it sinks, as it should, into oblivion on page two. Here the same story thus as concerning the motorforum.

The only reason to preserve it would be to give visitors from outside an idea how meager the socal and cultural life of Chiang Rai is.

So for my part: these four can go as well. It would benefit the forum.

Anybody out there knows when Chiangrai United plays again in town and how to find the stadium?

Limbo :D

Klikster is right: It doesn't matter what kind of mouse you use, you want to get rid of the pinned topics as fast and easy as possible and that's all there is to it.

The less the better thus!

Even the wheeled ones agree: If you don't like rain, take an umbrella.

An option could be to stop the rain.

Edited by Limbo

Klikster is right: It doesn't matter what kind of mouse you use, you want to get rid of the pinned topics as fast and easy as possible and that's all there is to it.

The less the better thus!

Even the wheeled ones agree: If you don't like rain, take an umbrella.

An option could be to stop the rain.

Thank you K. Limbo. :)

1. The 2 banner ads are at the top and in the "Sponsors Section"

2. When I made the post the forum had 10 pinned topics ..

.. no joke ..

Pinned count

Chiangrai, Isaan Ko Samui 8

Pattaya, Hua Hin- Cha Am 7

BKK, Phuket 6

Krabi, South 4

East, Central 2

I Like the pinned threads, if i am going to another area, i dont have to search the thread for good places to stay, drink , and eat etc. Maybe CR has a couple dead pinned but need to add a couple others. Just my opinion. :)

OK, democracy in action- 7 now.

I think the remaining have at least some interest as pinned topics.

Don is a sponsor; out of consideration for him I think it OK to leave his pinned topic as a reference.

The banner ads, and the Google ads are out of moderator control.

Contact [email protected] for questions regarding same.

Hope this helps.

OK, democracy in action- 7 now.

I think the remaining have at least some interest as pinned topics.

I cant believe that you have Deleted the Chaingrai Classified,the thread as been very popular with

people looking to rent,buy, sell houses,land advertse their wares for sale.

The top two adverts were Premium Adds who had paid Thai Visa to advertise

we were told last year that we could not advertise by posting the likes of a House For Rent on the forum

but any adverts must go on the Classified.

So what happens now,were do we put the LOCAL adverts

do we put them in the General Classified so some one in Phuket knows if he wants to buy Manure

(that was once advertised) he can get loads of it from Chaingrai

soap,

Go to the top of any page on Thai Visa.

In the dark blue bar, see "Classifieds"

Click on it.

Click on Real Estate (for example). Apartments For Rent, Condos For Sale, etc.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, where there is a section called "Search By City" with underlined links to most every city in Thailand.

If you want to rent a condo in Samui, or a flat on Sukhumvit....it's all there. Thousands of ads, with photos and full descriptions.

BTW, this service has existed for well more than a year, and is completely free for non-commercial advertisers.

You can advertise special CR manure for sale only in Phuket, or your condo in Nakhon Nowhere, or whatever.

No sarcasm intended; you literally can use the Advanced Search function to find manure from Kanachaburi. Really.

Buy or Sell. Attach up to 5 photos, and a full description that would thrill the heart of a London estate agent.

We don't need a special pinned topic on CR forum, when you can assess this same info from any page on Thai Visa.....

Hope this helps. :)