Newer Drugs Atripla

sanitex

:) hello guys

happy to join this forum and i hope that i'd keep the rules and regulations of this web accourding to their law.

what entice me more on this community forum is the way people use to give some advice and help intimes of need and i hope i'd also help.

Not to keep you reading more i would like to ask this question if any of you could help i will be appreciate ,so what i want is does any of you know where i could get this new hiv therapy called (ATRIPLA)pls kindly tell me where in any thailand hospitals.thanks

• Like 1

Sanitex

To the best of my knowledge, Atripla is not yet available in Thailand.

As you are probably aware Atripla is a combination drug using:

Viread

Emtricitabine

Efavirenz

The best option available in Thailand would be Truvada + Stocrin.

Truvada is a combination of:

Viread

Emtricitabine

And Stocrin is a brand name for Efavirenz, also known as Sustiva in other countries.

Truvada has only been on the market here for a few months, but the big International hospitals such as Bumrungrad are now recommending this in place of Viread + lamivudine + Stocrin. Generally Thailand is a little slow getting some of the newer drugs, but they do manage to get good deals. Truvada is currently priced at 3000 baht for 30 tablets, and Stocrin about 1900 baht for 30 tablets.

Hope of some help

Slimdog

Sanitex

To the best of my knowledge, Atripla is not yet available in Thailand.

As you are probably aware Atripla is a combination drug using:

Viread

Emtricitabine

Efavirenz

The best option available in Thailand would be Truvada + Stocrin.

Truvada is a combination of:

Viread

Emtricitabine

And Stocrin is a brand name for Efavirenz, also known as Sustiva in other countries.

Truvada has only been on the market here for a few months, but the big International hospitals such as Bumrungrad are now recommending this in place of Viread + lamivudine + Stocrin. Generally Thailand is a little slow getting some of the newer drugs, but they do manage to get good deals. Truvada is currently priced at 3000 baht for 30 tablets, and Stocrin about 1900 baht for 30 tablets.

Hope of some help

Slimdog

thank s for your help i'will try to find out where to get the truvada, but i hope this price is from bumrungrad or any hospital as well?.

thank s for your help i'will try to find out where to get the truvada, but i hope this price is from bumrungrad or any hospital as well?.

Price quoted are from Bumrungrad hospital as of July.

Not sure what other hospitals are supplying Truvada, as my Doctor only stated that several of the bigger hospitals were now importing it, although no names mentioned.

Slimdog

• 1 year later...