Bedding Obsession

teddy_bare

Is it just my wife, or are all thais obsessed with owning loads of quilts?

I just came back from the UK to find yet another bedding set. Doreamon this time.

We now have 8 quilts in the house. All totally servicable and in good nick. All the bedrooms have proper beds with mattresses, so extra quilts are not needed as padding.

Another confusion for me is the use of AC set to freezing and then a quilt used? Why not have the AC set to the body temperture and sleep naked. MMMMM I think I have answered my own question there.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edited by teddy_bare

Hey I am a farang and I have lots of quilts to. I don't know why, guess I just like having them! If anything, I sleep with them under me.

There's something quite comforting about having plenty of bedding--maybe something psychological from deep within our past.

Is it just my wife, or are all thais obsessed with owning loads of quilts?

I just came back from the UK to find yet another bedding set. Doreamon this time.

Anyone else have this problem?

No

my wife has the same with clothes.....when she goes out of house, she never comes back without 10 new pieces.

Maybe I can open a second hand shop and finance my life with all the old clothes, if anyone can cure my wife.....

My wife has one of those "Narnia" wardrobes.

Every week, something new appears out of it, clothes, shoes, handbags and duvets, yet I never see her buying them. :)

As sunholidaysun1 said, count the quilts and you will find out just how many extra bods your home can accommodate.

Maybe your other half is running a B&B whilst you are away :D .

I don't... but obsess to Cell Phones...

Is that better? :D

Eiww...Doraemon..very much kiddie kiddie... How old is your wife, then?

Well, many Thai grown-up girls love kiddie stuff, a friend 40y/o now, she loves wearing MickeyMouse Tee... And has Minna No Tabo's collections in her all over her car.. :)

My MIL has a glass-fronted cabinet full of new triangle cushions, probably in case royalty drop in for a cuppa and want to stay the night :)

Wife has not inherited such traits, thank goodness.

My MIL has a glass-fronted cabinet full of new triangle cushions, probably in case royalty drop in for a cuppa and want to stay the night :D

Wife has not inherited such traits, thank goodness.

Yep. That seems to be pretty much the norm with that generation. My MIL's the same. :)

Feel the pea???!!! I have a Thai mattress which is more like sleeping in a fox hole if I don't have all those blankets under me!

A princess I may be, but I'll never be a queen!

Honestly the Thai girls may be guy too have obsessions to shopping, quilt, phone, cloth, etc. I think is because they do not know how to save and hold on to the money. They have very short term plan for their future unlike farags.

I have to put limit on my wife shopping whenever we go out or go just walking in any places (almost every place) that has cloth to buy

Honestly the Thai girls may be guy too have obsessions to shopping, quilt, phone, cloth, etc. I think is because they do not know how to save and hold on to the money. They have very short term plan for their future unlike farags.

Unless they're Chinese, then the challenge is to get them to actually spend some money. :)

Introduce her to decent bedding, might not stop the buying but at least it might stop her from buying the embarrassing cartoon quilts when she sees what is available in adult designs in places like homepro. They have some really beautiful sets,fitted sheets, pillow cases & duvet covers. :)

It is so warm in Thailand I hate wearing a shirt.(the little woman hates it of course) We have 2 quilts & only use a top bedsheet & kick it off most nights. Up to 1 week a year Alisa will use the quilt & I pile my half on her. dam_n thing suffocates me.Bed sheets just to keep the mozzies & critters from sharing the bed for us!

Introduce her to decent bedding, might not stop the buying but at least it might stop her from buying the embarrassing cartoon quilts when she sees what is available in adult designs in places like homepro. They have some really beautiful sets,fitted sheets, pillow cases & duvet covers. :)

I did that and now I have a closet full of expensive beddings. Everytime we walk into centrel or emporium or homepro, we need to visit the bedding departments.

They do feel very nice to sleep on though.

ps. NOTHING will make her get rid of her Hello Kitty beddings, NOTHING.

teddy_bare, h90 and khundon. You obviously give your partners too big an allowance.

As for Scott, can you still feel the pea? :)

My wife is wealthy, it is not my money...so I can't do anything against it.

Introduce her to decent bedding, might not stop the buying but at least it might stop her from buying the embarrassing cartoon quilts when she sees what is available in adult designs in places like homepro. They have some really beautiful sets,fitted sheets, pillow cases & duvet covers. :D

Yep; agree with you, Boo. They're not the cheapest in town but their bedding is good. 100% cotton and tasteful, not bloody polyester with a design that looks like someone threw-up all over your bed. Have you seen those TOTO bedding ads on the telly? Jeez! :)

The thing that bothers me more than grown adults buying kid designs is the duvet cover isn't detachable. So unless a duvet cover is put on it, it raises all sorts of hygiene issues for me. Same as the patterned pillows with fixed covers. ick

The thing that bothers me more than grown adults buying kid designs is the duvet cover isn't detachable. So unless a duvet cover is put on it, it raises all sorts of hygiene issues for me. Same as the patterned pillows with fixed covers. ick

Steam cleaning :)

My wife luckily avoids this problem. We have a few good bedding sets. She even has a sheet set from a hotel. That one is wonderful. White, soft, but good quality. My wife actually can't stand having all kinds of crap. She says all the time, Thirak, I don't like clap! Her parents have tons of it.

As for AC, we only have AC in the bedroom and we put it on 23C and sleep in our Ikea bed with a big cover. Lovely.

The funniest thing is to see one of those big butch pick ups with a Hello Kitty license plate holder.

I have never yet slept with a Thai lady who does not set the air con to cold AND use the quilt. I am always bemused at that.

I'm a sucker for this. I like the cold whilst sleeping but like having a quilt too. I sound like a Thai bird. :)