Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Vs. Takahisa Masuda - Wbc Interim Flyweight Title

CLASBYCLAN

Hi guys

I read in the press that this fight is due to take place in Chiang Mai, can anyone PLEASE (really want to watch the fight) tell me where, what time and how to get tickets, or get them for me!!

Thank you billions in advance!!

I have seen quite a few posters along streets about a WBC fight.... You might stop and look at one if you see it. The poster is in Thai, but it may have something where you could get information.

MSPain

I would love to see as well. I can't find any information about venue, time and tickets. Found this by Googling:

WBC “interim” flyweight champion Pongsaklek Wonjongkam of Thailand will defend his title against Japanese challenger Takahisa Masuda at the end of this month in Thailand.

Pongsaklek, who won the title after defeating Julio Cesar Miranda of Mexico earlier this year, will fight Masuda in the northern Thai province of Chiang Mai on August 28, according to a press conference held by his promoters on August 5.

Their match will be part of a large event that will also host a tournament of eight muaythai fighters, one of whom is the versatile Wanheng Meenayothin who holds the WBC youth strawweight title.

The other seven are Khunsuek P.N. Gym, Fahrungrueng Sor Poonsawat, Petchching Wor Sangprapai, Mutu Kaiyanghadao Gym, Chingreedthong Toyata K. Motor, and Petchsurat Sor Yupinda.

Promoter Wirat Wachiraratanawong said all eight fighters have held champion titles at some points, and it was a difficult task for him to arrange a tournament of such top fighters.

He said the tournament in Chiang Mai will be the third of all five tournaments planned for this year.

Source: Thai Rath

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/sport/24413

Just found this:

Toyota VIGO smart Muay Thai fight

Date: 28 August 2009 - 30 August 2009

Toyota Motor Thailand will host the VIGO smart Muay Thai fight at Kad Cheung Doi, Chiang Mai this 28-30 Aug 2009

The "Muay Thai fighting marathon" will be in Chiang Mai together with a caravan by CPS selling products to help the Chiang Mai economy.

See the special boxing match on Friday 28th August which will also be broadcasted on Channel 7 from 2-5 pm

See you there!!

Just found this:

Toyota VIGO smart Muay Thai fight

Date: 28 August 2009 - 30 August 2009

Toyota Motor Thailand will host the VIGO smart Muay Thai fight at Kad Cheung Doi, Chiang Mai this 28-30 Aug 2009

The "Muay Thai fighting marathon" will be in Chiang Mai together with a caravan by CPS selling products to help the Chiang Mai economy.

See the special boxing match on Friday 28th August which will also be broadcasted on Channel 7 from 2-5 pm

See you there!!

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone tell me exactly where the location is.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone tell me exactly where the location is.

Thanks in anticipation.

After a bit of searching, I reckon it is off of the Canal Road near Nimmanhaemin.

If you have Nancy Chandler's map it is in square A2 (listed as Kad Cherng Doi). On google there are various other events shown as taking place there, so I think it's right.