Knuckle Dusters & Cs Spray

STEALTH K3

I feel safer anywhere in Los than I do anywhere in UK, and I don't carry weapons in the UK.

Get a good Bhudda around your neck (this must be given by a Thai) and that should protect you more than any weapon would. Mine is especially good for protection against knive wounds, it's from a temple in North Bangkok, Leung Bour bin (or something like that) is the top monks name, he'll  give you a bamboo tattoo of a Tiger that will give you more protection if you so desire!

I was given this Bhudda amulet by a friend in Bkk and then proceeded to find out more about it during my travels. fascinating.

Some places I went Thai's I didn''t even know were coming to me and asking to see my Bhudda. All said 'ahh very goooood, very lucky' upon seeing it!

I am very grateful to my friend for giving it to me!

It was also good for detecting katoey's :-)

...so you found what you were looking for then..... :o

Bhuddism or Katoey's?

Bhuddism, maybe.

Katoey's, not my cup of tea, it stopped them from finding me!

thailand, yeessss

;-)

Edited by booma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel safer anywhere in Los than I do anywhere in UK, and I don't carry weapons in the UK.

Get a good Bhudda around your neck (this must be given by a Thai) and that should protect you more than any weapon would. Mine is especially good for protection against knive wounds, it's from a temple in North Bangkok, Leung Bour bin (or something like that) is the top monks name, he'll  give you a bamboo tattoo of a Tiger that will give you more protection if you so desire!

I was given this Bhudda amulet by a friend in Bkk and then proceeded to find out more about it during my travels. fascinating.

Some places I went Thai's I didn''t even know were coming to me and asking to see my Bhudda. All said 'ahh very goooood, very lucky' upon seeing it!

I am very grateful to my friend for giving it to me!

It was also good for detecting katoey's :-)

...so you found what you were looking for then..... :o

Bhuddism or Katoey's?

Bhuddism, maybe.

Katoey's, not my cup of tea, it stopped them from finding me!

;-)

We`ll take your word for it... :D

By the way RDN, you didn't delete two other posts (one from Toasty, one from P_brownstone) that were a bit "flamy". Did you not thing theirs were a bit personal or are these guys your mates? Just curious.

My Post was not intended to Flame you my dear chap, it was a general comment and offered a possible reason why various, ah, implements are or are not allowed to be sold in Thailand.

If I had said something personal, for example in response to this Post, something like "go and cry to your Momma, ya sissy" that would be flaming.

But I would never say such a thing of course.

:o

Patrick

My Post was not intended to Flame you my dear chap, it was a general comment and offered a possible reason why various, ah, implements are or are not allowed to be sold in Thailand.

If I had said something personal, for example in response to this Post, something like "go and cry to your Momma, ya sissy" that would be flaming.

But I would never say such a thing of course.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick; if you say your post was not intended to flame me I accept that. Just thought part of it was a bit irritating, but no biggie. :o

For all the so-called hard men.........from the Hull Daily Mail.

THUG CAUGHT WITH 'EVIL WEAPONS'

09:30 - 06 December 2004

A Man banned from every football ground in the country has been jailed for three years for bringing illegal flick knives and knuckle-dusters into the UK.

Kevin Price, 30, of Kimmeridge Close, Sutton, Hull, appeared at Hull Crown Court after being caught trying to smuggle three illegal flick knives and a knuckle-duster into Humberside Airport.

He was sentenced to three years in prison by Judge Michael Mettyear, who described the weapons as evil and vicious.

The court heard how on February 3 officials at Humberside Airport searched Price's suitcase after he arrived on a flight from Bangkok via Amsterdam.

They found three flick knives disguised as cigarette lighters hidden in his socks, and a knuckle-duster wrapped in a towel.

Price claimed he was bringing them back as souvenirs for his friends, who he refused to name.

But Judge Mettyear said: "You have brought in these evil weapons. The knuckle-duster is metal and has hard points on it.

"There could be no legitimate use for such a weapon other than causing serious injury to people.

"As if that wasn't enough, there are three flick knives, vicious, lethal knives disguised to look entirely innocent, but one push of a button and a blade appears. They could cause serious injury or death. "The real evil of possessing these weapons is people often say they have no intention of causing injury to anyone but it is too easy to carry them and if something erupts they could be used.

"I have dealt with case after case where injury or death has resulted from the use of knives where violence has erupted. For these reasons these weapons are banned.

"You said these were for your friends, but what sort of friends would want equipment like this? I suspect the sort of friends that if problems arose might be tempted to use them. I do not accept you didn't realise what you were doing and, were it not for a random search, these would be around the country now."

Price was sentenced to 12 months for the knuckle-duster and three years for the knives. The sentences will run concurrently.

Defence barrister Christopher Dunn said: "The defendant hadn't appreciated how serious these offences were. He says it was stupid and they were for his friends. There is no suggestion he was going to use these."

Price has previous convictions dating from the 1990s for assault, actual bodily harm, threatening behaviour and in 2001 he was given a three-year banning order forbidding him from attending all Football Association games.

John Kinghorn, HMS Customs head of detection for the north east, said: "This was an unusual case and the sentence shows the seriousness of breaking the law.

"We will continue to use the latest technology, such as scanners, to identify prohibited and offensive weapons entering the country.

"Items such as these flick knives are extremely dangerous and our aim is to continue to protect society from such weapons."

An order was made to confiscate the weapons.

Come on stop all this sillyness this was just a simple question I thougt

It was a simple question Stealthk3, but when I added my two cents some folks decided to start labeling me as a paranoid, right-wing freak and insult me since they didn't have the intelligence to make constructive comments. For some people, making stupid comments and annoying others is what gets them off.

As they say, different strokes for different folks. It's just too bad when their stupidity spoils a decent topic.

Obviously opinions differ as to what constitutes and "evil" weapon...almost any object can be used as a weapon thus making just about all objects "evil" in the eyes of certain lawmakers. The UK is notorious for being strict on such things, even if they're only kept as collector's items. What's interesting is that according to several guys from the UK who I attended an ESL course with have all agreed that the UK has become much more violent in the past decade. Some poor guy could get a broken bottle shoved into his eye just for being around the "wrong" pub and often drunk hooligans will start fights with just about anybody coming their way. It's understandable why these strict regulations don't protect us...criminals don't obey the law anyway so only us good folks are affected. Take Washington DC in the States for instance...the city is a war zone; one of the highest violent crime areas in the country yet the district also has some of the strictest firearms laws. Yet in Florida where I come from, the crime rates are lower and when the state started allowing for concealed weapons licenses back in the late 80's, crime went down even further. Guess the bad guys didn't want to get shot!

Just a thought. :o

By the way, I never had a concealed weapons license and I don't carry any myself. For those who do, I can only say that you need to evaluate ALL factors and consider what may happen if you get into a fight.

Edited by Thaiboxer

You answered our own debate Thaiboxer - ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. If you get into a situation there is always something at hand to help you do what you have to do. So why would you need to go out armed with something in the first place??????

This is an interesting thread. I was out with a few mates in Pattaya not so long ago at 1am kicking-out time and right opposite all the bars some plank had set up a knife/martial arts weapons store.

As for England becoming more violent in the last 10 years ... I don't think so. A lot of people shit themselves all the time because of what they FEAR is going on rather than what is actually happening. I would say the widespread introduction of CCTV in most English town centres has drastically reduced violence on a night out.

You answered our own debate Thaiboxer - ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. If you get into a situation there is always something at hand to help you do what you have to do. So why would you need to go out armed with something in the first place??????

This is an interesting thread. I was out with a few mates in Pattaya not so long ago at 1am kicking-out time and right opposite all the bars some plank had set up a knife/martial arts weapons store.

As for England becoming more violent in the last 10 years ... I don't think so. A lot of people shit themselves all the time because of what they FEAR is going on rather than what is actually happening. I would say the widespread introduction of CCTV in most English town centres has drastically reduced violence on a night out.

Englands' violence is still with us, it just happens in different ways. Gone are the mods vs. rockers, casuals vs skinheads etc days. People use gyms now more than ever and incidents of violence, when they occur, are more horrific than ever, weapons are more prolific.

CCTV is irrelevent when people are drunk, they forget it's there or don't care. CCTV only displaces crime at best

The Acid House days mellowed things out in a massive way, but those days are now behind us and has left a lot of f'@#ked up people in it's wake. The prisons are fuller than ever, and the legal system is not protecting victims.

I do think England has got more violent in the last 10 years for sure, football violence is returning but now away from the stadiums (away from the cameras). I recently saw (police) footage of a Man U vs Everton clash, it was mayhem, the clip was short but the verocity of the violence was palpable!

Edited by booma

It was a simple question Stealthk3, but when I added my two cents some folks decided to start labeling me as a paranoid, right-wing freak and insult me since they didn't have the intelligence to make constructive comments. For some people, making stupid comments and annoying others is what gets them off.

As they say, different strokes for different folks. It's just too bad when their stupidity spoils a decent topic.

You sound a little paranoid now.

As for stupidity spoiling things, how about guns concealed or otherwise "spoiling" the lives of thousands upon thousands in the States,as for advocating the use armed civilians as a crime suppresion method...right wing freakery!

Toasty...I don't carry and have never carried concealed weapons as I never felt I really needed them. I am not paranoid and have never been. As far as guns "spoiling" the lives of thousands upon thousands of civilians, I think you believe the media too much. If you did some research you'd understand more. Most Americans feel that law-abiding citizens who are mentally stable have the right to own and use firearms in a responsible manner (target shooting, competition and hunting). Perhaps most British folks feel otherwise and that's fine by me. Their laws concerning weapons reflect this. The gun debate is a hot one and will continue indefinitely. You choose to believe that guns or other weapons should be had by nobody as they are evil tools which cause harm to society...it's simply a matter of opinion...to each his own. No side is more right or wrong than the other.

By the way, the laws in the States governing the carrying of concealed weapons are often misunderstood and very complicated. Some places are more dangerous than others and having a concealed weapon may be practical. Where I used to live the trouble surrounding the concealed weapons laws and the relative safety of my hometown meant that most folks didn't feel the need to carry anything...myself included.

I would go for either a blackjack (springy, leather covered club with a cylindrical lead weight at the end) or a telescoping baton..that way you may have a chance against somebody with a knife or brass knuckles. I think it's legal to carry pocket knives unless they're huge (something with a 4" or shorter blade should be ok) or unless they're switchblades.

This wasn't you then?

:o

I would have a l;ot more respect for your opinion if you actually stuck to one instead of flip flopping around

This wasn't you then?

It was me Toasty, but perhaps you got the wrong idea because of the way in which I stated my opinion. Maybe I should have said, I don't choose to carry concealed weapons on my person, BUT if I did then (continuing on with my previous post which you just quoted me on). If I had stated at first that I DO carry these things, then perhaps you may think I'm "flip flopping around" by going back and saying I never felt the need to carry them. I haven't changed my original opinion...I merely stated what I think regarding these weapons and what I would do IF I chose to carry them. If my opinion seemed self-contradicting, then this should clear things up.

Oh yeah...clear as day now...If you choose to carry them...I see, Ok there was me thinking that you were going into great depth on the benefits of certain weapons over others, knowing the Thai name for brass knuckles and having a knowladge of the laws regarding the posession and carrying of knives and weaponry that rivals a public prosecutor because you were some sort of maniac, I see now that you are not and have no more than a passing interest. Thats all cleared up then :o

A bit of sarcasm perhaps? :o Don't let my in-depth knowledge frighten you Toasty...looks can be deceiving. My knowledge of certain weapons; guns, knives, etc although more than the average Joe, may make me seem like the right-wing, paranoid guy you pictured in your head. However, I am anything but that. My apologies if I confused you.

FYI, I used collect guns and do a lot of target shooting in the US but I never hunted. I learned some martial arts as a teen which of course involved learning some things about knives and other weapons. I have never slept with a 12-guage pump under the bed either. For other hobbies, I did water skiing, SCUBA diving and mountain biking.

Feel better? :D

Englands' violence is still with us, it just happens in different ways. Gone are the mods vs. rockers, casuals vs skinheads etc days. People use gyms now more than ever and incidents of violence, when they occur, are more horrific than ever, weapons are more prolific.

CCTV is irrelevent when people are drunk, they forget it's there or don't care. CCTV only displaces crime at best

The Acid House days mellowed things out in a massive way, but those days are now behind us and has left a lot of f'@#ked up people in it's wake. The prisons are fuller than ever, and the legal system is not protecting victims.

I do think England has got more violent in the last 10 years for sure, football violence is returning but now away from the stadiums (away from the cameras). I recently saw (police) footage of a Man U vs Everton clash, it was mayhem, the clip was short but the verocity of the violence was palpable!

You spout a lot of FEARFUL nonsense without any real facts to back it up. CCTV has reduced crime in UK city centres, this is a fact. It has not displaced violence. People don't drink 20 pints then get a taxi to the outskirts of town for a scrap to avoid the cameras. Violence will never be eradicated when people have been drinking but it is reduced.

You say UK prisons are fuller than ever but then sing the praises of the 'mellow Acid House days'. Most of the scum in prison are the 'mellow' druggies you speak of!!!!

So what if you saw police footage of one incident - is that a benchmark for your theory??? Your FEAR of crime is much bigger than the reality.

There is no justifiable reason for selling/owning or carrying weapons like knuckledusters, CS gas and batons etc unless you intend to assault somebody with them. If that is the case then you are one sick puppy.