Star World (tv)

Dog the bounty hunter? "I'm onna mission from gawd", Wrestling, Unfunny sitcoms, All being re-fed as ads for 10 minutes every 5 minutes.

Since it's in English I'd assume it's targetted the expat population here - but Is anyone actually watching this crap?

Well, they do have the Simpsons, which I find funny. Who's line is it anyway, Friends, Frasier, and Ally McBeal are all watchable. They also have a few British shows such as Absolutely Fabulous, The Kumars at No. 42, and Parkinson. They also show American Idol the same day as it's broadcast in th US, although I think it's junk, many people like it.

I don't think it's such a bad channel, certainly one of the better ones on Sophon cable here, although I don't know if I'd bother to upgrade to it if I only had UBC.

True, they do have a few watchable programs but when I referred to unfunny sitcoms I meant That 70 show, King of Queens, Grounded for life, Frasier, Everbody loves Raymond ... anyone think any of those are funny?

OMG I love King of Queens!! How can you not like it? It's blo0dy hillarious!!! :D

I can't be in the minority here.......................can I? :o

True, they do have a few watchable programs but when I referred to unfunny sitcoms I meant That 70 show, King of Queens, Grounded for life, Frasier, Everbody loves Raymond ... anyone think any of those are funny?

OMG I love King of Queens!! How can you not like it? It's blo0dy hillarious!!! :D

I can't be in the minority here.......................can I? :o

I like the King of Queens too, and Frasier, Grounded for Life and That 70's Show. Everybody Loves Raymond I could do without. I also love the crap reality shows - Outback Jack at the moment.

My most favourite however is The Bold and The Beautiful in the afternoons...

I'm easily pleased though, not to mention home alone with a small child.

I like the King of Queens too, and Frasier, Grounded for Life and That 70's Show.  Everybody Loves Raymond I could do without.  I also love the crap reality shows - Outback Jack at the moment. 

My most favourite however is The Bold and The Beautiful in the afternoons...

I'm easily pleased though, not to mention home alone with a small child.

Yeah I like most of them, the only thing I can't stand are the reality programmes but only becuase the contestants just get me so wound up I wanna jump in to the TV and strangle them all!!!

Don't get me started on 'Survivor' or 'Amazing Race' Aaaarrrggg!!! :o

Have to agree with you there, with the exception of Frasier I don't like any of those programmes, and don't even get me started on the Bold and the Beautiful.

Dog the bounty hunter? "I'm onna mission from gawd",  Wrestling, Unfunny sitcoms, All being re-fed as ads for 10 minutes every 5 minutes.

Since it's in English I'd assume it's targetted the expat population here - but Is anyone actually watching this crap?

Edited by TizMe

• 7 months later...
Is this one channel on a particular system??

In Thailand it's broadcast on UBC, also available on Sophon cable in Pattaya. Broadcasts on different satellites to other Asian countries.

Satellites it is on (all subscription sorry, but Astro is cheaper then UBC)

Agila 2 (dream)

Telkom (telkomvision)

Asiasat 3s (star)

Measat 1 (astro)

Thaicom 2/3 (youbeesee)

Well we obviously have very different tastes then. 

What about wrestliing? You watch that? You believe it is real?

Wrestling! Noooooo.

It's the highlight of my step-mums familes life when they watch that. They assume it's all real too and cringe when a punch is thrown.

Made me laugh the other night though. The two younger boys were acting out wrestling moves at night then their Mum came rushing in and went crazy. She said they'd attract the ghosts in the house :D:o

Edited by Ice Maiden

Well we obviously have very different tastes then. 

What about wrestliing? You watch that? You believe it is real?

Wrestling! Noooooo.

It's the highlight of my step-mums familes life when they watch that. They assume it's all real too and cringe when a punch is thrown.

Made me laugh the other night though. The two younger boys were acting out wrestling moves at night then their Mum came rushing in and went crazy. She said they'd attract the ghosts in the house :D:D

That is funny! :o

But wrestling really does suck, and it is not even WWE but TNA which looks even faker.

maybe not so funny, but mmmmm...I LIKE that big red headed girl on That 70s Show, mmm...

maybe not so funny, but mmmmm...I LIKE that big red headed girl on That 70s Show, mmm...

And her mother!!!!