Farang Assaulted By Gang

whopper

A neighbor of mine was assaulted by a gang of 12 this morning At the 7-11 on chanklan blvd. near the Empress Hotel. He was injured by a knife and recieved 20 stitches at a local hospital. He was also robbed of his money and belongings. The tourist police are on the case for what that is worth. Farangs should report these incidents because the local media has no interest in upsetting tourism related issues. Be carefull.

I totally agree with reporting all such violent Pataya-like crimes here. The only reason for enforcement is if non-enforcement will create even bigger headaches for authorities, so lets make sure we keep these issues public, and circulating around...

A neighbor of mine was assaulted by a gang of 12 this morning At the 7-11 on chanklan blvd. near the Empress Hotel. He was injured by a knife and recieved 20 stitches at a local hospital. He was also robbed of his money and belongings. The tourist police are on the case for what that is worth. Farangs should report these incidents because the local media has no interest in upsetting tourism related issues. Be carefull.

Do you know what time of the morning the attack occurred?

Around 1 am, Chanklan is a very busy main thourough-fare with many tourist related businesses.

Around 1 am, Chanklan is a very busy main thourough-fare with many tourist related businesses.

Any more details? Like, why him? What were the circumstances?

There's a sticky-fingered bag snatcher around as well. I know 2 young farang women who had their bags snatched from the baskets of their honda dreams. One at worowot market and one at Wat Doi Suthep.

Certainly more than one... Snatching from bike baskets has been a problem here for a long time, with most cases going unreported...

There's a sticky-fingered bag snatcher around as well. I know 2 young farang women who had their bags snatched from the baskets of their honda dreams. One at worowot market and one at Wat Doi Suthep.

Certainly more than one... Snatching from bike baskets has been a problem here for a long time, with most cases going unreported...

I agree with what’s been said so far about these unfortunate incidents. I would like to keep a record of these attacks, such as date, location, injuries received, nationality of victim etc. The object of the exercise would be to follow up with the victim to make sure that they are adequately looked after and that their cases are properly handled. Also to keep a data base up to date so that factual statistical information can be passed onto the authorities or any one else who might be interested. I wonder for instance whether the Consuls or Embassies of the victims nationality are automatically informed by the local authorities.

I agree with what’s been said so far about these unfortunate incidents. I would like to keep a record of these attacks, such as date, location, injuries received, nationality of victim etc. The object of the exercise would be to follow up with the victim to make sure that they are adequately looked after and that their cases are properly handled. Also to keep a data base up to date so that factual statistical information can be passed onto the authorities or any one else who might be interested. I wonder for instance whether the Consuls or Embassies of the victims nationality are automatically informed by the local authorities.

My sense is that the only info available like that will be at the cop shop. Maybe the Tourist Police is the best place for you to start...

Good luck :o

Far better would be to take this to a national scope. This data needs to be compiled on a Thailand-wide basis. Certainly not EVERY crime is reported or particularly acted upon by the respective Embassy. How many victims go through these ordeals essentially on their own? Additionally, If nationwide data is collected, it's far more efficient at identifying trends. For many other reasons too numerous to mention, this should be started at the earliest possible date.

As a side benefit, identifying and quantifying these incidents may surprise us. Perhaps, in reality, there may not be that many and we could find ourselves over-reacting... but on the flip side, if it IS a stastically significant number, we could then be on firm ground that our Embassies take more action then they have.

what are u talking about? who is chav or noi or weasel?

i just joined this site like an hour ago - please dont get me confused with some other ass clown troll

that happens every day here.....

know your surrondings is all i can say

Hi SuperChav, you forgot to say hello again in the new members forum, try being original with your nics , Chang Noi and Weasel suited you better!

I guess one has to ask where "here" is for you?

South Central Los Angeles? :o

as for Thailand, no where does this (man attacked by a gang of 12) happen on a daily basis..

im from the 313, haha ill let u figure it out.

i do feel sympathy for the fella who was attacked, he is lucky he survived.

I guess one has to ask where "here" is for you?

South Central Los Angeles? :o

as for Thailand, no where does this (man attacked by a gang of 12) happen on a daily basis..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh.... ok, i see from the other subsequent posts... someone just trolling...

nevermind answering...

i just joined this site like an hour ago

It might just be a really odd coincidence, but um.. haven't I seen that avatar used by somebody in here before? :o (or do the guys in here share a common fondness for that particular 'cute dancing girl' clip?)

maybe u have seen it before? i stole from someone on a car site like 3 months ago and it was the only gif i had saved on my pc that fit the kb limit.

the girl is kinda cute tho

so anyone who is new and doesnt act like a total newb is automatically considered a troll huh?

No, but someone carrying a well know troll's avatar , not sounding like a newbie here, sure attracts some attention.

Please consider yourself under review and prove us all wrong :o

While your at it read our forum rules as well.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

• 5 weeks later...

Here's one to add to the collection. On February 28th of this year (the day before I was going back to America) I was assaulted by two men who bashed my head open and tossed me in the klong. I recieved 16 stitches above my eye and almost drowned.(can check with Chiang Mai Ram) I believe this was a vendetta over my landlords loosing face to me over stuff he stole out of my condo. I don't feel safe anymore in Chiang Mai but still have a condo there. You said you wanted to know about things like this so here it is in black and white.

Here's one to add to the collection. On February 28th of this year (the day before I was going back to America) I was assaulted by two men who bashed my head open and tossed me in the klong. I recieved 16 stitches above my eye and almost drowned.(can check with Chiang Mai Ram) I believe this was a vendetta over my landlords loosing face to me over stuff he stole out of my condo. I don't feel safe anymore in Chiang Mai but still have a condo there. You said you wanted to know about things like this so here it is in black and white.

So we gotta contact the Chang Mai Ram Hospital and ask if a certain Mr.Popeythesailorman received treatment there on 28th February right?

:o