No Visa, No Passport, What To Do?

forgot to precise :

1) I am not a troll, nor trolling the forum.

2) the question is serious.

3) I do not know is the good Doctor PP is still alive, but if possible I would prefer to get an answer from him. Apart the different we got in the past, I must confess he used by his accuratet and precise anwers to let me avoid a situation close of that some years ago.

4) I do apologise if my "thtanks for helping" will come late, I do not logg here often, even if I read the various post in hurry as guest. But tbe assured I will read , and be assured I will thanks again the people who will answer (it take time to answer I know).

Best regards

roxannnnnnnnnnnne

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My country of birth is not a war-torn country and I did not enter the EEC as an asylum seeker. There was a war and the administration was changed. Many birth and death records got lost.

Sounds like Trolldovia to me...

Well thanks but no thanks. I've looked up what a troll is and if anyone is a troll, it's all the people who made fun of my question. A troll is someone who makes irrelevant comments just to annoy or poke fun at others or make them feel stupid.

Well you certainly are making me feel stupid for asking for advice. I think you guys are such an unhelpful lot of jerks that it makes me believe the whole forum is not worth the space in my bookmark list. I will cancel my membership.

Please don't waste your time responding. It would be better if the administrator deleted this whole thread.

but what about my French lessons? :o:D

This post has been bothering me for a bit. I was thinking 50/50 that he was a troll, but certainly the things that he has said are all possible. I pointed out that lot's of people (like myself) have lost important documents (like birth certificates) and that there are processes in place to replace of work around their absence. However, it may be a lot easier to do these things in the US or UK than, say, Croatia or Bosnia or Serbia or Romania.

On the other hand, if the poster is from one of those countries - and I can't think of any other European countries that have had wars recently - then his embassy probably won't be as overworked as the US or UK embassy and might actually be able and inclined to help him. He really ought to talk to his embassy so that they will, at least, be aware of his existance and his plight. If he then decides to take his chances with Thai Immigration, someone will know that he is doing so and might check to see if he's in prison later!

forgot to precise :

1) I am not a troll, nor trolling the forum.

2) the question is serious.

3) I do not know is the good Doctor PP is still alive, but if possible I would prefer to get an answer from him. Apart the different we got in the past, I must confess he used by his accuratet and precise anwers to let me avoid a situation close of that some years ago.

4) I do apologise if my "thtanks for helping" will come late, I do not logg here often, even if I read the various post in hurry as guest. But tbe assured I will read , and be assured I will thanks again the people who will answer (it take time to answer I know).

Best regards

roxannnnnnnnnnnne

Still alive and kicking Sting. Nice to see you again :o

If you lose a UK passport (which is subject to EC rules) you don't need to show birth certificate. A mate of mine lost his yesterday.

I certainly did not have to show my birth certificate when i lost my passport and was given another one.

I too am of the opinion that this post is simply seeking funds

It looks as though he's fled in case we lot lynch him :o

Only an English/Irish person would use this word shlepping
never mind the original post but: shlelpp is yiddish/american as most new york jews can tell you, ask my mother when she shlepped us from after school activity to doctor to friend etc...

However, it may be a lot easier to do these things in the US or UK than, say, Croatia or Bosnia or Serbia or Romania.

On the other hand, if the poster is from one of those countries - and I can't think of any other European countries that have had wars recently - then his embassy probably won't be as overworked as the US or UK embassy and might actually be able and inclined to help him. He really ought to talk to his embassy so that they will, at least, be aware of his existance and his plight.

i have a serbian woman friend (but of hungarian nationality from a city that is on the bordder between serbia and hungary) living in israel and if you think the yugoslavian embassy will help, you have got to be joking. both her and her serbian ex husband here had extreme difficulties w/the embassy if u think that thailand is looking for tea money check out the yugoslavian embassies.... and this was just to organize things to visit parents left back in serbia... kafke nightmare..... and yes papers get lost and they dont acccept copies and neither does the american embassy in israel as i have the same problem; only old passport and soc. sec. # with all school records !!! were able to help (i have sepia copy from 1962 new york thats what my mother was issued but not accepted) so i make sure to renew on time

but rest of thread:

go to thai jail, what is he a moron?? actually he sounded a bit israeli but israelis do 'combinot' (mix and match ways to get out of scrapes) and the gov't shows up to rescue them at our taxpaying cost..... sigh....

yugoslavia is still servia and montenegro; actually went to my friends' house near sobotica three years ago in border of hungaria and serbia ; a scary experience

her father picked us up in the train station and we were stopped by police several times; he had to bribe them as they checked our passports (we used our israeli ones instead of american as there was anti american feeling still at the time)... then we had to report in local police station and he had to sponsor us... we were stopped often and werent dressed very richly or back packer style but obviously in her village foreigners dont visit, whole area not touristed actually.... my friend is ethnically hungarian (the borders just moved around after wwII and subotica got screwed over and became part of serbia)and the serbs dont like that also so when we travelled southward, she also got hostile looks...

never mind the rest of the story.......

• 3 weeks later...
... - don't trolls usually live under bridges?  :o  :D

From here: http://www.fremontseattle.com/myths/trolledit.htm

Historically, trolls are part of Scandinavian folklore. They were found either as dwarfs or giants living in caves, by the sea, in the forest or under bridges. They lived in clans or families and were characterized as being ferocious, ugly creatures fond of eating human flesh (and even the occasional Volkswagen). Most trolls used to dwell in dark places because they cannot tolerate sunlight. (Sunscreen has now changed all this.) They are usually grey or green in color, and sometimes scaly. Trolls are described as having monstrously ugly faces, enormous noses, arms that hang below their knees. They are known to be very strong and powerful. Trolls are fascinated by jewelry in general, gold, silver and shiny things on cars in particular. They are also attracted to small children and luminous women. Trolls often live to be very old. They are known to be incorrigibly mischievous pranksters by nature.

I think I have bumped into some of this extraordinary creatures. I believe natural evolution extended their original habitat to some areas in Sukhumvit.Don´t know about their culinary habits, but sure they dwell in dark places, have the ugly faces and wear the gold jewelery lot. Sure they are attracted to luminous women though cases or attraction to small children are sadly not unheard of. They look very all indeed, but might be due to other issues and not only to age...

...and they don´t come exclusively from Scandinavia anymore...

:D

Bull

Is it me or does the hot weather increase the number of trolls circulating on the forum?

On the Isaan forum there's a guy with no money who wants to buy a thousand rai. :o

Edited by aletta

Is it me or does the hot weather increase the number of trolls circulating on the forum?

On the Isaan forum there's a guy with no money who wants to buy a thousand rai. :D

I still think it is directly related to school (teacher) vacation time. :o

Actually I respect many of these teachers - but they do seem to have number of trolls when given free time.

If the OP is not a Troll, he should pay a visit to a Thai prison.

He doesn't seem to be phased by spending time in a cell built for four and has 40 in it. :o

If he had half a brain he'd telephone his embassy (anon) for advice and not post here.

He doesn't seem to be phased by spending time in a cell built for four and has 40 in it. :o

If he had half a brain he'd telephone his embassy (anon) for advice and not post here.

Half a brain is expecting a bit much Udon. A walk past the IDC cag at the rear of Immigration in Suan Phlu could focus his mind.

exactly, i doubt his embassy would just say sorry and turn him away without help