2 Drug Traffickers Executed

LaoPo

Yeah Right!! Being anywhere near an English soccer match is about as terrifying a situation as ya would ever want to find yourself in - mob wise.

Stinking, rotten, neanderthal, blind drunk - even in good ol' Pattaya there are, on the odd evening, signs of the same mayhem - all booze induced.

But the nub of it all is a total lack of discipline - incident ya call it - but how do ya ever, in good conscience, justify that to the dead, or their families.

It comes down to that - again - ya gotta get hit in the head by a druggie douche to get religion - the rest is all stupid, liberal claptrap - unless ya like getting mugged.

I am trying to remember when we last had such a killing at any Olympics?! Let me see ....

BTW_I would go with the hyenas - they rip limbs off and chunks out of bodies whilst they are seeing, breathing, conscious. Mr Lion is way too humane.

The 'Sheffield' incident to which you refer was not 'murder', it was a crowd control problem that resulted in the tragic deaths of many football supporters.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Sheffield' incident to which you refer was not 'murder', it was a crowd control problem that resulted in the tragic deaths of many football supporters.

Yeah Right!! Being anywhere near an English soccer match is about as terrifying a situation as ya would ever want to find yourself in - mob wise.

Stinking, rotten, neanderthal, blind drunk - even in good ol' Pattaya there are, on the odd evening, signs of the same mayhem - all booze induced.

But the nub of it all is a total lack of discipline - incident ya call it - but how do ya ever, in good conscience, justify that to the dead, or their families.

It comes down to that - again - ya gotta get hit in the head by a druggie douche to get religion - the rest is all stupid, liberal claptrap - unless ya like getting mugged.

I am trying to remember when we last had such a killing at any Olympics?! Let me see ....

BTW_I would go with the hyenas - they rip limbs off and chunks out of bodies whilst they are seeing, breathing, conscious. Mr Lion is way too humane.

To be able to slant the facts of what happened during the collapsing of a standing section during a football game to be murder outright, one has to be sucking rather hard on the crack-pipe.

Any reports on wether or not they signed papers about donating organs before they where killed? There is something behind this. The first executions in 6 years is a big thing. In any western country such a thing would spark huge discussions.

There is more then a few that voice the publics need for revenge a reason for capital punishment. As much as its a states responsibility to protect its citizens from harm, one of those harms is the human need for revenge. Capital punishment only lead to a more brutal society. There is absolutely nothing in any nations that use capital punishment that indicates any reduction in crime rates.

For example, Canada abolished capital punishment in 1976. Since then the murder rate dropped. Given some peoples beliefs the rate should have sky rocketed.

Further, there is so many cases of nations using capital punishment to get rid of "wrong thinkers", that my belief is that the abolishment of capital punishment is one of the main criteria to be called a democracy or civilized country.

Is there people that are so screwed up they should never again be alowed to go free in the society? Yes. Is killing them, torturing them or exposing them to inhuman conditions in prison in a fundamental way protecting the society more them holding them guarded in a humane condition? No. A humane society tries to heal sick people, not kill them.

That is two times in two replies ya mention crack!! You have no other input other than crack! Clearly you have a strong psychological disposition towards chemical dependency.

Perhaps check yourself in at the local hospital or at least join up with AA - I am sure they can help you "If two people say your face is green - go look in the mirror" - Ming Dynasty.

I also know that a bunch of soccer thugs - probably the same lot who caused Sheffield - went to Holland - killed scores there too. Clearly another Dutch ''crowd'' control error

Unfortunately, I met one of your lads some while back in Pattaya - he was on a 10 day visit to Thailand - a soccer hooligan - no passport - a straight in&out travel doc. P2P

I was with a couple buddies from UKSF- Special Air Service and spoke with the perp at length. He was pretty messed up inside - childlike without the mob he normally traveled with

In the UK he wears a bracelet 24/7 He was not checked in at the same UKSF hotel by coincidence. One wonders how many are wandering our public places, unencumbered?!

Again - so as we dont all vear off on some silly tangent - this is about discipline - lack thereof - the massive destruction wrought on our society - not whether whiskey is a drug or no.

It is the judicious use thereof - how ill equipped most of society is to handle same - ergo the legal machinery that is setup in place to protect us.

So - do we pull the trigger on a couple or introduce draconian freedom busting sanctions on all?! Bring the syringe Amigo - my turn.

Plus - it is the law - ya dont like it - get out or check into the Hilton - its free for guys like you.

To be able to slant the facts of what happened during the collapsing of a standing section during a football game to be murder outright, one has to be sucking rather hard on the crack-pipe.

This is a giant step backwards, a return to the barbarism of the past.

I wonder why they chose to execute convicted drug dealers rather than convicted murderers ?

I personally think governments who choose to execute people should make video footage of the executions available, I wonder why they keep it secret and hide it from the public, are they ashamed of what they are doing ? When it's hidden and done in secret I guess public support is easier to obtain as every day people don't need to confront the horror that their government is inflicting on its citizens.

I wonder who made this decision.

Thats the problem, many don't see traffickers , smugglers as murderess. It can be reasonably assumed that the amount of drugs seized would lead to many deaths both directly and indirectly. heroin traffickers in particular should be "put down" in a back room of the airport if they have it strapped to their bodies, why tax the poor to give them a trial? red handed is red handed.

That is two times in two replies ya mention crack!! You have no other input other than crack! Clearly you have a strong psychological disposition towards chemical dependency.

Perhaps check yourself in at the local hospital or at least join up with AA - I am sure they can help you "If two people say your face is green - go look in the mirror" - Ming Dynasty.

I also know that a bunch of soccer thugs - probably the same lot who caused Sheffield - went to Holland - killed scores there too. Clearly another Dutch ''crowd'' control error

Unfortunately, I met one of your lads some while back in Pattaya - he was on a 10 day visit to Thailand - a soccer hooligan - no passport - a straight in&out travel doc. P2P

I was with a couple buddies from UKSF- Special Air Service and spoke with the perp at length. He was pretty messed up inside - childlike without the mob he normally traveled with

In the UK he wears a bracelet 24/7 He was not checked in at the same UKSF hotel by coincidence. One wonders how many are wandering our public places, unencumbered?!

Again - so as we dont all vear off on some silly tangent - this is about discipline - lack thereof - the massive destruction wrought on our society - not whether whiskey is a drug or no.

It is the judicious use thereof - how ill equipped most of society is to handle same - ergo the legal machinery that is setup in place to protect us.

So - do we pull the trigger on a couple or introduce draconian freedom busting sanctions on all?! Bring the syringe Amigo - my turn.

Plus - it is the law - ya dont like it - get out or check into the Hilton - its free for guys like you.

There, I fixed the quoting for you, as you seem unable to get it right.

As for the rest, I think your posts says it all.

Oh, and so you know, I'm neither British, a football hooligan or a drug user.

Any reports on wether or not they signed papers about donating organs before they where killed? There is something behind this. The first executions in 6 years is a big thing. In any western country such a thing would spark huge discussions.

There is more then a few that voice the publics need for revenge a reason for capital punishment. As much as its a states responsibility to protect its citizens from harm, one of those harms is the human need for revenge. Capital punishment only lead to a more brutal society. There is absolutely nothing in any nations that use capital punishment that indicates any reduction in crime rates.

For example, Canada abolished capital punishment in 1976. Since then the murder rate dropped. Given some peoples beliefs the rate should have sky rocketed.

Further, there is so many cases of nations using capital punishment to get rid of "wrong thinkers", that my belief is that the abolishment of capital punishment is one of the main criteria to be called a democracy or civilized country.

Is there people that are so screwed up they should never again be alowed to go free in the society? Yes. Is killing them, torturing them or exposing them to inhuman conditions in prison in a fundamental way protecting the society more them holding them guarded in a humane condition? No. A humane society tries to heal sick people, not kill them.

Fully agree, well said. And yes, I also think there is much more about this than meets the eye. No executions for 6 years and then suddenly. That is a significant change and one is entitled to ask what precisely changed and why.

Numbnuts,

We have already done the Brits bashing thing - twelve pages of it yesterday.

I have no idea why the English are to blame for the subject topic, which is the execution of criminals in Thailand. Where does football come into it?

I think you have some good ideas if you could articulate them. Your use of the English language reminds me of a previous poster on this site named Canadianmonkey. Perhaps you are one and the same.

You need to recheck your concepts mate - where do you get these ideas from?

What is it that really bothers you? Would it be wise to consult a medical proffesional?

Exactly - were one to 'chase' the DNA of all those who ingested crack, yaba, meth, speed, horse, or any other laboratory produced chemical that was injected into the human body, the effects would devastate y'all. It has been known to wipe out generations of intelligent, useful, cognitive folks, it is totally debilitating.

It is not necessarily that the person ingesting the drug is a wuzz - the drug totally overtakes their sense of self. Every tenant, every fibre of their being, that we as humans hold dear, goes out the window in 3 or 4 doses. A 16 year beauty from Little Rock is whoring for dope on the street within 48 hours - or she lands up in a dumpster. She does not even recognize her folks. Finished.

Then she is worn out in 6 months - before she is 17 - she will do 20 tricks per day. Go visit a crack hospice in LA, then come back here.

As y'all know children born of alcoholic parents suffer the same fate 99% of the time - and thats the legal drug!!

Amongst certain of the populace the affinity with glue, crack, alcohol, heroin, meth, spirits, weed, horse, coke, etc, or mixed as a cocktail is so high that many of their regular body functions

simply shut down, including reproductive - which means that branch of that family has effectively been killed off. Now put that in your Karmic pipes.

It might serve most in good stead to ponder that a great many, very learned folks, with huge intellectual & legal skills have been here many, many times before y'all - sober too.

It is the law - get over it - mores the pity Thaksin is not back - yet

Thats the problem, many don't see traffickers , smugglers as murderess. It can be reasonably assumed that the amount of drugs seized would lead to many deaths both directly and indirectly. heroin traffickers in particular should be "put down" in a back room of the airport if they have it strapped to their bodies, why tax the poor to give them a trial? red handed is red handed.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities contemplating jazz,

who bared their brains to Heaven under the El and saw Mohammedan angels staggering on tenement roofs illuminated,

who passed through universities with radiant eyes hallucinating Arkansas and Blake-light tragedy among the scholars of war,

who were expelled from the academies for crazy & publishing obscene odes on the windows of the skull,

who cowered in unshaven rooms in underwear, burning their money in wastebaskets and listening to the Terror through the wall,

who got busted in their pubic beards returning through Laredo with a belt of marijuana for New York,

who ate fire in paint hotels or drank turpentine in Paradise Alley, death, or purgatoried their torsos night after night

with dreams, with drugs, with waking nightmares, alcohol and cock and endless balls,

incomparable blind streets of shuddering cloud and lightning in the mind leaping towards poles of Canada & Paterson, illuminating all the motionless world of Time between,

Peyote solidities of halls, backyard green tree cemetery dawns, wine drunkenness over the rooftops, storefront boroughs of teahead joyride neon blinking traffic light, sun and moon and tree vibrations in the roaring winter dusks of Brooklyn, ashcan rantings and kind king light of mind,

who chained themselves to subways for the endless ride from Battery to holy Bronx on benzedrine until the noise of wheels and children brought them down shuddering mouth-wracked and battered bleak of brain all drained of brilliance in the drear light of Zoo,

who sank all night in submarine light of Bickford's floated out and sat through the stale beer afternoon in desolate Fugazzi's, listening to the crack of doom on the hydrogen jukebox,[/size]

Allen Ginsgerg. RIP.

I was talking with a friend this morning and we were discussing events in Ranong. I mentioned these 2 guys, and my friensd said they were given 1 hour notice of their death. Apparently they had 3 choices, a visit from a monk, a phone call to a family member, or a meal of their choice. Apparently they chose a pizza. I talked with my wife and we both went for the phone call. Don't shoot me down if I'm wrong, it's just what was told to me.

I was talking with a friend this morning and we were discussing events in Ranong. I mentioned these 2 guys, and my friensd said they were given 1 hour notice of their death. Apparently they had 3 choices, a visit from a monk, a phone call to a family member, or a meal of their choice. Apparently they chose a pizza. I talked with my wife and we both went for the phone call. Don't shoot me down if I'm wrong, it's just what was told to me.

God bless Bill Heinke.

Yes, very big on bombast, bravado and machismo.

I bet you swagger when you walk down the street, wishing you were allowed to strap on the hardware like John Wayne in the Westerns so you could blow away all the scumbags who get in your way....

Killing people that have broken the law serves no useful purpose. It doesn't stop people from commiting crimes. It is merely revenge; a barbaric reaction by people who aren't intelligent, or civilized enough to know any better.

Yessiree Bob! One day I must get meself a big fat pipe, fire it up, see what is so darned endearing about the whacky weed y'all love so much - NOT!!!!!

I bet you swagger when you walk down the street, wishing you were allowed to strap on the hardware like John Wayne in the Westerns so you could blow away all the scumbags who get in your way....

Killing people that have broken the law serves no useful purpose. It doesn't stop people from commiting crimes. It is merely revenge; a barbaric reaction by people who aren't intelligent, or civilized enough to know any better.

Yessiree Bob! One day I must get meself a big fat pipe, fire it up, see what is so darned endearing about the whacky weed y'all love so much - NOT!!!!!

:)

So anyway, why did you choose numbnutts as a nom-de-plume?

Lanicaine in his lube?

you seriouse 1 hour? must have been pizza hut express on the latest Kawasaki. Probably they were still munching whilst getting strapped down. Whats the point of a last meal? sculling a bottle of Mekong would be the premium choice, not like your going to worry about your liver is it

Edited by zorro1

you seriouse 1 hour? must have been pizza hut express on the latest Kawasaki. Probably they were still munching whilst getting strapped down. Whats the point of a last meal? sculling a bottle of Mekong would be the premium choice, not like your going to worry about your liver is it

Nor the hangover.

Now for something a bit different.

Does anyone know where the term hangover came form?

Back in the old days back in England public exeutions were quite an event. Public hangings attracted crowds of thousands and every one got completly plastered, including the poor sod that was being hanged. It was a two day affair of drunken stupidity. Kind of like a modern day football match - Now I see the link, Num nuts,.

Anyhoo, The next day everyone was worse the ware from the booze that they had drank during the hanging and all the fun of seeing someone executed. and thus the term hangover was coined. Once the hanging was over everyone was hungover.

"2 Drug Traffickers Executed"

A few words but a huge impact.

I appreciate the discussion but:

* WHY did "Thailand" start executing again ? "............the authorities have been swayed since 2003 by the abolitionist movement." see article below

* WHY (just) drug traffickers ?

* WHY not murderers ?

Even the article below, from today, doesn't answer the question completely and final:

Thursday 27th August, 2009

Thailand resumes prisoner executions

Big News Network.com Wednesday 26th August, 2009

The government of Thailand has resumed its former practice of executing certain prisoners.

After a six-year amnesty against capital punishment, two men were executed by lethal injection at Bang Khwang prison on Monday.

Bundit Jaroenwanit, aged 45, and Jirawat Poompreuk, aged 52, were convicted of drug trafficking on 29 March 2001 and subsequently sentenced to death.

Although Thailand continued to hand down death sentences, the authorities have been swayed since 2003 by the abolitionist movement.

The last executions in Thailand were carried out in 2003, when four people were executed by lethal injection, a method which replaced execution by shooting.

In the last 10 months, the UN General Assembly has voted for a moratorium on executions.

During the period, Burundi, Togo and the US state of New Mexico have abolished the death penalty.

Source: bignewsnetwork

Note: "...swayed by the abolitionist movement"..does that mean that this movement is no longer active or does it mean that the authorities were fed up with them and decided to re-install the factual death penalty ?

Who is/was responsible for the re-installment of the penalty ? Government.....Supreme Court...?

WHO ? :)

LaoPo

Amnesty, EU protest resumed executions in Thailand

GRANT PECK

Published: August 27, 2009

BANGKOK (AP) — The European Union and Amnesty International on Thursday decried the resumption of the death penalty in Thailand, after two men convicted of drug trafficking were executed.

The Swedish presidency of the EU reiterated the bloc's opposition to the death penalty "in all cases and under all circumstances," and it urged the Thai government to abolish the act to "protect human dignity."

The executions marked the end of an almost six-year "de facto moratorium" in Thailand, it said.

In the last 10 months, Burundi, Togo and the U.S. state of New Mexico have abolished the death penalty, while the U.N. General Assembly has voted overwhelmingly for a moratorium on executions, the London-based human rights group Amnesty International said in a statement.

"The government of Thailand should follow their example and urgently review its use of the death penalty," it said.

A Thai Corrections Department official said the men, convicted of drug trafficking in 2001, were executed Monday by lethal injection. The official, who insisted on anonymity because he is not authorized to release information to the press, said their petition for clemency to........ (sorry, name removed; His name cannot be published here as it's not allowed to discuss His name/person or decisions on Thaivisa; I kindly request to refrain from comments to this; I'm very sorry! - LP) had been refused and returned on Aug. 13.

According to Amnesty, Thailand's last executions were in 2003, when four people were killed by lethal injection. Thailand that same year changed its law to have executions carried out by injection instead of shooting.

According to the Corrections Department, there are 832 convicts sentenced to death, 371 of whom were convicted of drug-related crimes. There are 115 who have petitions for clemency pending.

___

Associated Press writer Malin Rising in Stockholm contributed to this report

http://www.newsok.com/amnesty-eu-protest-r...icle/feed/70502

LaoPo

New executions put Thailand on the radar

Published on August 27, 2009

It is wrong that Thailand executed two men on August 24. It ignores the majority vote of the United Nations General Assembly in December 2007 and again in December 2008 in favour of a universal moratorium on the death penalty.

It flouts the greater certainty expressed worldwide that the death penalty is a transgression of the most basic of all human rights, the right to life.

It goes against the interpretation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights expressed to representatives of the Thai government by the UN Human Rights Committee on July 28, 2003, that drug offences did not constitute a crime subject to capital punishment within the terms of the Covenant which it has ratified.

The execution of the two, with a mere one-hour notice, is a flagrant transgression of the procedures established by the UN for the enactment of capital punishment. It is a useless measure of no greater consequence than other punishments in the fight against drugs. It is a cruel and inhumane punishment, with no place in a civilised state.

DANTHONG BREEN

BANGKOK

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2 August 2009

LaoPo

EU condemns executions in Thailand

Asia-Pacific News - Aug 27, 2009, 14:26 GMT

Brussels - The European Union on Thursday condemned the recent execution by lethal injection of two drug traffickers, in a move that ended a de facto six-year-long moratorium on the use of the death penalty in Thailand.

'The European Union would like to state its well-known position that the death penalty has not been found to act as a deterrent and that any miscarriage of justice - which is inevitable in any legal system - is irreversible,' said a statement issued by the Swedish presidency of the EU on behalf of the bloc's 27 member states.

Bundit Charoenwanich, 45, and Jirawat Phumpruek, 52, were executed in Bangkok's Bang Kwang on Monday, more than eight years after being arrested for possessing more than 114,000 methamphetamine pills.

Calling capital punishment 'cruel and inhuman,' the EU called on the Thai government to abolish the death penalty and establish a moratorium in the meantime.

'Such steps would contribute to the Royal Thai Government's expressed ambition to promote human rights,' the EU statement said.

There are currently 832 convicts on death row in Thailand. Of these, 127 have had their final court ruling, meaning they can no longer appeal, according to Thai media reports. :)

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asi...ons-in-Thailand

LaoPo

Thailand carries out first executions in six years

2009-08-27 12:04:31

Amnesty International Press release

26 August 2009

The government of Thailand resumed its use of judicial state killing after a six-year hiatus on Monday, when two men were executed by lethal injection at Bang Khwang prison, central Thailand.

Bundit Jaroenwanit, aged 45, and Jirawat Poompreuk, aged 52, were convicted of drug trafficking on 29 March 2001 and subsequently sentenced to death. It has been reported that they were only given 60 minutes’ notice before their executions were carried out.

"As country after country abandons its use of judicial state killing, the resumption of executions in Thailand is a major step backwards," said Donna Guest, Deputy Director of Amnesty International's Asia Pacific Programme.

Although Thailand continued to hand down death sentences, the authorities did not execute anyone for six years, which the abolitionist movement had welcomed as an encouraging sign from the Asia region.

The last executions in Thailand were carried out in 2003, when four people were executed by lethal injection. These were the first executions by lethal injection, which had replaced execution by shooting in the same year.

In its 2005 Consideration of Thailand’s report, the United Nations Human Rights Committee expressed concern that the death penalty was not restricted to the most serious crimes and was applicable to drug trafficking in Thailand.

Sixteen countries in Asia still have laws that provide for the death penalty for drug-related offences. As many countries in the region do not make information on the death penalty publicly available, it is impossible to calculate exactly how many drug-related death sentences are imposed there.

However, in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, reports indicate that a high proportion of death sentences are imposed on those convicted of drug offences.

In the last 10 months, the UN General Assembly has voted overwhelmingly for a moratorium on executions, while Burundi, Togo and the US state of New Mexico have abolished the death penalty. The government of Thailand should follow their example and urgently review its use of the death penalty.

There is no evidence that the death penalty deters crime. The government of Thailand must join the international trend away from capital punishment.

http://www.hrea.org/index.php?base_id=2&am...eadline_id=9802

LaoPo

Do the EU pressure states such as Texas as much?

Genuine question and I do admit some ignorance to the latest/last executions on Texas etc.

The topic is Thailand related and not Texas or USA, but to answer your question:

The EU does indeed protest against executions, whether in China, Thailand, Iran (gay people !) but also in the US/Texas, although the link is old:

http://www.eurunion.org/eu/index.php?optio...1&Itemid=74

But...Texas told the EU ""mind your own business...":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6957390.stm

But, sorry, I've gone too far already by biting into your question; let's stay on topic; my mistake !

LaoPo

If only they could of made it 4 choices it could of been a good contender for who wants to be a millionaire.

And your point is..?????

Pizza is good thinking - clearly the perps were banking on the Pizza Hut rider getting creamed on the way to a final death sentence delivery - chances are real good, Pizza Hut wouldnt even fall for the ruse and the lads would walk away, pardoned. Double jeopardy and all that. No?? Mekong? Dont think so - Jack OK

They apparently got one hour's notice of their executions, according to Thai Corrections Dept traditions. They are frightened that other prisonsers may start a riot if they know executions are going to take place. Japan does the same thing and relatives often have trouble finding out that executions have taken place. Seems odd to me and probably worse than knowing as the prisoners on Thai death row fear being hauled away every morning. I wonder if they botch up the lethal injections as often they botched up shooting executions. The paralysis drug prevents the condemned crying out if he is pain.