Snow Leopard (mac) Release

tcris52

Did any of the person using it did notice any speed difference ?

Curiously, I think it has slowed my machine down a little. I'm seeing the spinning beach ball quite often now when running up applications and doing things. I never used to see that before.

(I'm running an iMac 24" 2.66GHz IC2Duo with 4Gb 1067 DDR3)

Someone mentioned a new mail chime? What's that? Haven't found that one!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiously, I think it has slowed my machine down a little. I'm seeing the spinning beach ball quite often now when running up applications and doing things. I never used to see that before.

My machine is faster after 10.6.x but have had a few periodic problems with a couple of programs. Mail.app has gotten strange a few times and slowed everything down. If you machine is acting slower then watch processes in Activity Monitor.app , 'Top' command in Terminal, or my favorite is IstatMenu's which take the information from Top and puts in a drop down menu. IstatMenu's is FREE and shows a lot of other info in the top menu such as temperatures, memory, network interface, fan speed. Highly recommended.

Istat menu download

My machine is faster after 10.6.x but have had a few periodic problems with a couple of programs. Mail.app has gotten strange a few times and slowed everything down. If you machine is acting slower then watch processes in Activity Monitor.app , 'Top' command in Terminal, or my favorite is IstatMenu's which take the information from Top and puts in a drop down menu. IstatMenu's is FREE and shows a lot of other info in the top menu such as temperatures, memory, network interface, fan speed. Highly recommended.

Istat menu download

I am running IstatMenus and its very Good, Ive just come across several positive comments about some thing similar called atMonitor ...

Picture2-11.png

Its a free application .... Link Here

ive not yet personally tried it but will give it a go .

TL :)

Thanks for that info, I am using a MC727, and going to up date to SL soon, when I use the MC727 on my PC , I get a small on screen

Desktop box showing just what signal strength I am getting ...

any Ideas on how to get this signal box onto my Mac Desktop ?

Once again, the link: http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2880/64/

Look at the pictures - it seems to include a signal strength indicator right in the menu bar, similar to the one for WiFi. The popdown menu has a signal strength number too.

Well I had no luck in getting the on screen signal box working or the menu bar signal strength indicator on my Mac so I sent this to MobiLink Support ....

I have a Novatel wireless Ovation MC727 USB Modem - EV-DO Rev A , and I am running it on an Apple Mac, here in Thailand and using a Thai CDMA wireless provider . I

would like to see what signal strength the MC727 is receiving , I also have a Laptop running Windows XP, and use your MobiLink software where I can see the on screen signal strength display , how can I see the MobiLink on screen signal display on my Mac

This is their answer..

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no application software for MAC so it is not possible to see the signal strength.

Regards,

Novatel Support

So That looks like that's it :)

TL