Us Student Visa

The daughter of a friend of mine is accepted at an universtity in the US and next week has her interview at the US embassy. Can anyone tell me what kind of questions they will ask her, to help prepare her for the interview.

She wants to study for up to 5 years, inlcuding her masters.

The daughter of a friend of mine is accepted at an universtity in the US and next week has her interview at the US embassy. Can anyone tell me what kind of questions they will ask her, to help prepare her for the interview.

She wants to study for up to 5 years, inlcuding her masters.

Please post information once you find out

Although we do not handle that many F-1 Student visa cases, I have been to the Embassy on days when they are processing F-1s and J-1 applications en masse. A major issue is the ability to independently support oneself. The interview questions are relatively straightforward and commonsensical: What will you study? Why are you studying that subject? Why do you want to study in America? What school will you attend? Do you have independent means of support?

I have noticed that those who are going to the US to study English really need to be proficient with English. This seems to be based upon the idea that English instruction can be easily found in Thailand and one wishing to study in the USA should be going there to get something that they could not otherwise obtain in Thailand.

I hope this was helpful and best of luck.

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal