Urgently Needed: 12 Inch Pizza Scoop.

MeMock

I saw some of those pizza paddles at a food show in Bangkok last year ... my wife surely has packratted the brochure somewhere... I'll see if she can dig it up.

But as Gippy mentioned, should be no prob for a local metal shop to make, that is if they work with aluminium or stainless steel.

Actually, when I was a teenager, I worked at a pizza shop after school and they used wood paddles - worked just great. They had a strong wood handle and 3/16" or maybe 1/4" plywood for the paddle.

To help you in your search, they are called "peels". In Chiang Mai, I know of 2 places that carry them. That in itself may not help you much unless you want to order them from here. But if 2 places in chiang mai carry them, then they must be available in Bangkok, too. At any rate, the places that carry them in chiang mai are Bakersmart and Yok. At Bakersmart, they speak enqlish very well, at at Yok, not so much.

Also, there is a company called Jasco that carries all kinds of bakeware and catering tools stuff. They usually host a stall at the hotel and restaurant shows. I believe that there is one such show coming up at siam paragon sep 2-5.

Company Name : J & P Jasco Products (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

Address : Secon Square Department Store,904 Room no. 2025, 2nd Fl. Moo 6, Srinakarin Rd.

Pravet Bangkok Thailand

Zip : 10250

Tel : 66- 2- 9884602 to 5

Fax : 66- 2- 9884601

Great stuff cozumelito - through that company I now have one on the way! Cheers.

Always good to read of a happy ending.

Now...please tell us you are going to open a pizza restaurant serving pizzas like the one in the photo :) .