Nusasiri Grand Condo Vs The Address 42

Can anyone in the know tell me how Nusasiri Grand Condo and The Address 42 compare as far as quality of finishings and facilities? Also, I have read some about noise complaints in Nusasiri Grand Condo from the BTS, but others say its not much of an issue.

For a one bed or studio, which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

I viewed one studio at Nusasiri Grand last month and find it to be too dark. Maybe other units are brighter? Another concern I had was that the developer is still working on the clubhouse facilities althought its a year since units were transferred to the owners.

Location-wise, Nusasiri Grand is definitely better than Address 42 and I find the BTS link very convenient. But one big difference is that NS is a mixed use development. I hear that may give rise to more problems down the road for condo owners in terms of condo management. Perhaps other forummers can give more concrete examples on this point and what to look out for when buying into mixed use condos?

So there is still no fitness centre open at Nusasiri? I also read complaints of units smelling like sewers due to a construction flaw. But if this was the norm it seems like I would be hearing that a l lot more often.

Sewer smell in the units or in the common corridor?

So there is still no fitness centre open at Nusasiri? I also read complaints of units smelling like sewers due to a construction flaw. But if this was the norm it seems like I would be hearing that a l lot more often.

It wasn't specified. Just some people saying that the real estate agent admitted that the sewer smell that the client was noticing was due to a construction fault.

It wasn't specified. Just some people saying that the real estate agent admitted that the sewer smell that the client was noticing was due to a construction fault.

I haven't seen Nusasiri, but The Address 42 looks nice enough, and the soi is quiet at the end, I think the design is nicer than quality of materials, if that makes sense. Beware location...the back side units face another condo about 5 meters away, so look for better facing. Also, The Address units do not have balconies, so that's a negative in my book.

I haven't seen Nusasiri, but The Address 42 looks nice enough, and the soi is quiet at the end, I think the design is nicer than quality of materials, if that makes sense. Beware location...the back side units face another condo about 5 meters away, so look for better facing. Also, The Address units do not have balconies, so that's a negative in my book.

If buying into Nusasiri, avoid those units facing the bus terminus as there had been complaints about the traffic noise too.

As for sewage odor, I didn't encounter that on my single visit to that condo :)

. Also, The Address units do not have balconies, so that's a negative in my book.

I was looking at the Address a year or so ago, the units I looked at DID have balconies, albeit small, but then the smallest units are only 49sq mtrs .

I was impressed by the standard of finish though, the pool and gym were very nicely done.

I did not proceed to buy because all the land in front of the condo will be turned into a shopping mall, so a lot of noise and dust is to be expected. Also the condo is difficult to access from Sukhumvit, and difficult to get out of by car, but if you are walking , I timed it takes 3 mins to the skytrain, not bad!

I know this as I used to dine at the old Fondoue House which was demolished to make way for the mall, the land is apparantly owned by Thaksin's boy.

Edited by ThaiPauly

I was looking at the Address a year or so ago, the units I looked at DID have balconies, albeit small, but then the smallest units are only 49sq mtrs .

I was impressed by the standard of finish though, the pool and gym were very nicely done.

I did not proceed to buy because all the land in front of the condo will be turned into a shopping mall, so a lot of noise and dust is to be expected. Also the condo is difficult to access from Sukhumvit, and difficult to get out of by car, but if you are walking , I timed it takes 3 mins to the skytrain, not bad!

I know this as I used to dine at the old Fondoue House which was demolished to make way for the mall, the land is apparantly owned by Thaksin's boy.

Perhaps the planned shopping mall at the front is the reason why this project has small balconies - just a space to locate the AC condenser units.

Perhaps the planned shopping mall at the front is the reason why this project has small balconies - just a space to locate the AC condenser units.

Unrelated, I inspected one unit located behind a shopping mall. The industrial aircon plant used by the mall was making terrible noise. Even with closed doors and windows a TV would have to be on 50% more loudness than otherwise.

Unrelated, I inspected one unit located behind a shopping mall. The industrial aircon plant used by the mall was making terrible noise. Even with closed doors and windows a TV would have to be on 50% more loudness than otherwise.

Besides noise pollution, staying near the cooling towers of a commercial complex carries the risk of having water droplets that may be infected by Legionella bacteria that causes the Legionarie's disease blown into the condo unit.

Back in 2005. while the Address 42 was still under construction, they boasted their "boutiqueness" and high maintenance prices that will ensure only "quality" owners and tenants ever come to live there.

Something like 12,000B monthly fees for swimming pool and whatever they have there.

When the cart went downhill, that part was removed from their website.

What are the fees now?

"If buying into Nusasiri, avoid those units facing the bus terminus as there had been complaints about the traffic noise too."

Too, some of the units have a layout that places the AC units directly outside of the bathrooms. The bathroom windows get too hot too touch because of the AC units and, if you open the window for ventilation, you'll get the noise and dust from the AC.

In 5 years, there will be another condo tower directly across the small soi. Another thing to think about when you look at the units...

"If buying into Nusasiri, avoid those units facing the bus terminus as there had been complaints about the traffic noise too."

Too, some of the units have a layout that places the AC units directly outside of the bathrooms. The bathroom windows get too hot too touch because of the AC units and, if you open the window for ventilation, you'll get the noise and dust from the AC.

In 5 years, there will be another condo tower directly across the small soi. Another thing to think about when you look at the units...

A ledge/balcony outside the bathroom window is okay if the CDUs are designed to be placed blowing outwards. Heat accummulates only when the CDUs are placed blowing sideways of the ledge/balcony.

"Heat accummulates only when the CDUs are placed blowing sideways of the ledge/balcony."

As I mentioned, that's the problem with some of the units at Nusasiri Grand.

Unlike a living room, windows in bathrooms need not be wide and tall. We can thus place 2 CDUs one on top of the other along a 1-metre wide wall with a long 60cm wide window at the side. I do not see why the CDUs are placed blowing sideways.

actually, you should look at AP's LIFE@Sukhumvit65 ... its bit further down but almost right between the Ekammai and Phrakhanong BTS stations (200M from Prakhanong BTS). its on the other side from Nusasiri. a much quieter part of sukhumvit, especially compared to Nusasiri, and much easier access to BTS or by car compared to Address.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t tell you about the Address 42 but I can tell you about Nusasiri Grand Condo.

Choose a high level floor and towards the BTS sky train, quit as hel_l!

(hel_l! = Mods)

An old lady I know is very satisfied with the 2 bed room condo and she had a discounted price also.

She walks directly from BTS Ekamai sky train into her condo, amazing real estate developers!

If you want smaller cheaper condos check out the D65 on Sukhumvit 65.