" The Crash Of The E U R O "

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What has this all to do with this thread of a possible Euro crash?

By the way Austrian Economics.......LOL........this will surely change the world......but only the world of laughter.

austrian economists relaxing after discussing global crisis:

Volks_Tracht.jpg

By the way Austrian Economics.......LOL........this will surely change the world......but only the world of laughter.

austrian economists relaxing after discussing global crisis:

Volks_Tracht.jpg

LOL....that's a good one Naam.

Really funny to see what people are writing about things they don't have a clue.

The last time I checked Sweden was not in the Eurozone.

Can't you read :D Who was talking Eurozone ?

"Sweden, Norway Will Outperform Euro Area" Euro Area means: € area.

Sweden belongs to the European Union and the only difference is that they have their Kroner currency instead the Euro.

LaoPo

Yes, I can read, and in Wikipedia it says that Eurozone and Euro Area are same same.

If you wish to be pedantic, Kroner are used in Norway.

:D

The article nor any member spoke about Sweden belonging to the Eurozone or not.....you did.

The article said: "Sweden, Norway Will Outperform Euro Area"

And, is Kronor OK instead Kroner ? :)

My Swedish friend, just left my house; he didn't mind :D

LaoPo

I am sure you don't even know <deleted> it is right ? Makes me feel bad, running into all these hopeless cases.

oh your probably Swedish. Like I said, don't take it personally

Edited by sokal

I am sure you don't even know <deleted> it is right ? Makes me feel bad, running into all these hopeless cases.

No, i am not swedish but i am a studied economist. So i know Milton Keynes and i am sure there will be austrian economics as there are so many but i doubt that they are relevant to any economical happenings in the world.

Milton Keynes theory is well known but very very old. So it developed. Or do you think you could sell a Ford T Model today in profit making numbers?

No, i am not swedish but i am a studied economist. So i know Milton Keynes and i am sure there will be austrian economics as there are so many but i doubt that they are relevant to any economical happenings in the world.

Milton Keynes theory is well known but very very old. So it developed. Or do you think you could sell a Ford T Model today in profit making numbers?

It doesn't look all that developed to me. But I'm not a studied economist.

Isn't Milton Keynes a city in England? Perhaps you're thinking of Milton Friedman or John Maynard Keynes? :)

Edited by lannarebirth

Well they've just announced the unemployment figures, that won't help. 9.5% across the zone, and 20% among the under 25s

The unemployment numbers - 15.1M - in the Eurozone (16 countries with 326 million people) are more or less the same as in the US with slightly over 300 million people and 14.5M unemployed.

LaoPo

The unemployment numbers - 15.1M - in the Eurozone (16 countries with 326 million people) are more or less the same as in the US with slightly over 300 million people and 14.5M unemployed.

LaoPo

And those numbers come from the tiny fraction they poll. Also of that tiny fraction they only count those in the supposed "eligible" work force.

LaoPo

And those numbers come from the tiny fraction they poll. Also of that tiny fraction they only count those in the supposed "eligible" work force.

I'm not sure what you mean but the facts I found were from an official government source in the US and an article from the BBC from today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8231310.stm

Eurozone jobless at 10-year high

If you mean that the numbers could be higher I agree because most governments wouldn't like to see the really cold figures published :) On the other side I can see that they don't want to put more oil into the burning fires.

They have problems enough I suppose.

LaoPo

LaoPo

I'm not sure what you mean but the facts I found were from an official government source in the US and an article from the BBC from today:

LaoPo

What I mean LaoPo is the UE rates in the USA are based on a poll of 60k families...That is all 60k families.

Also they leave out all that are not considered in the "work force"

Meaning anyone who has given up looking for a few weeks etc.

Self employed etc etc etc

All in all a very misleading number. The reality is Unemployment in the US is closer to 16% or more.

This is the US guide for how they calculate

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#nilf

LaoPo

LaoPo

What I mean LaoPo is the UE rates in the USA are based on a poll of 60k families...That is all 60k families.

Also they leave out all that are not considered in the "work force"

Meaning anyone who has given up looking for a few weeks etc.

Self employed etc etc etc

All in all a very misleading number. The reality is Unemployment in the US is closer to 16% or more.

This is the US guide for how they calculate

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#nilf

I see; aren't these figures a bit different and/or more accurate than ?

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

LaoPo

LaoPo

I would think not since they are all based on the same initial criteria & amount of households polled. The ratio is then extrapolated against know population figures.

Even some FED has stated 16% as a more realistic figure.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/afp/Real_US_u...t_08262009.html

LaoPo

I would think not since they are all based on the same initial criteria & amount of households polled. The ratio is then extrapolated against know population figures.

Even some FED has stated 16% as a more realistic figure.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/afp/Real_US_u...t_08262009.html

If that 16% figure is correct and the same is happening in Europe I wonder what the OFFICIAL 18.3% from Spain would be...knowing that the OFFICIAL unemployment for youngsters under 25 is a shocking 38%............ :)

LaoPo

If that 16% figure is correct and the same is happening in Europe I wonder what the OFFICIAL 18.3% from Spain would be...knowing that the OFFICIAL unemployment for youngsters under 25 is a shocking 38%............ :)

LaoPo

Agreed :D

I actually do see why they need to try & calm the nerves of the general population.

Same thing with the new FDIC commercials playing here on the radio & TV with Suzie Orman as the spokes person. All available here...

http://www.myfdicinsurance.gov/

The last thing they need is panic but, Their dishonesty or playing with the numbers is causing more & more to do the opposite. They are waking up to the fact that things are not as they are being reported. So fear & reluctance to participate or back the spending is occurring. In polls they have now shown more than 57% want to vote the whole congress out.

Also

Pew Research Center

http://people-press.org/

Americans now describe themselves as:

Republican = 22%

Democrats = 33%

Independents = 39%

It is a start?

Edited by flying

Also

Pew Research Center

http://people-press.org/

Americans now describe themselves as:

Republican = 22%

Democrats = 33%

Independents = 39%

It is a start?

Well, finally it would be a good thing for the good old USA; meaning, a step-away from black-and-white politics (Republicans versus Democrats) can't be bad for the future.

More competition = FREE ENTERPRISE....- would be a good thing, wouldn't it ?

:) But now we're going slowly into US politics, instead the crash of the Euro (or not)

LaoPo

Reading this post it makes me glad that my money is in New Zealand, Our dollar is getting stronger and our Government says the wost is behind us and it's all up hill from now on.

And even better I'm getting 8.5% on my investments gov. guaranteed :)

Edited by minefield

Reading this post it makes me glad that my money is in New Zealand, Our dollar is getting stronger and our Government says the wost is behind us and it's all up hill from now on.

If I read a message like yours, it gives me the creeps as any government, guaranteeing 8.5% knows more than you do....

1 Sept. 2009:

"...New Zealand’s dollar dropped 1.6 percent to 67.43 U.S. cents and depreciated 1.7 percent to 62.73 yen. ""

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=aUe._AZLjr6g

and:

I wonder how you're getting 8,5% gov. guaranteed if:

"Benchmark interest rates are 3 percent in Australia and 2.5 percent in New Zealand, compared with 0.1 percent in Japan and as low as zero in the U.S., attracting investors to the South Pacific nations’ higher-yielding assets. The risk in such trades is that currency market moves will erase profits.

News is from: 31 Aug. 2009:

From: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=ah9lxmKfZn8A

But, if you're living in NZ, paid in NZ$ and your assets are in NZ you have little to worry about I may assume?

LaoPo

in your wet dreams? :D

When I say it's gov guaranteed I have my money invested in fixed interested rate bonds .Power co, they own all the power lines throughout NZ and also the Hydro stations and who owns Power co NZ government and power co supply power to about 45% of the north Island.

Ever heard of a Power co. going broke........One thats Gov owned....."I haven't"

http://www.craigsip.com/userfiles/file/Aug14.pdf

You will be able to se for your self, 10 years I have been investing this way and have not lost a cent, I stick with bonds that are tied in with the NZ Gov.

When I say it's gov guaranteed I have my money invested in fixed interested rate bonds .Power co, they own all the power lines throughout NZ and also the Hydro stations and who owns Power co NZ government and power co supply power to about 45% of the north Island.

Ever heard of a Power co. going broke........One thats Gov owned....."I haven't"

http://www.craigsip.com/userfiles/file/Aug14.pdf

You will be able to se for your self, 10 years I have been investing this way and have not lost a cent, I stick with bonds that are tied in with the NZ Gov.

there are three things you don't seem do understand

1. subordinated

2. credit wrapped

3. BBB rating

but it is none of my business to do your homework.

The name is actually John Manard Keynes. He was also a homosexual. You are talking about Milton Friedman, who is kind of stupid but not as stupid as John Menard Keynes.

I would not say that the worst is over for anyone but New Zealand and Australia do have the best monetary policies in the world right now.

I would not say that the worst is over for anyone but New Zealand and Australia do have the best monetary policies in the world right now.

:D .......the best monetary policies in the world?......monetary policies?

What's that Sokal ?

LaoPo