Is The Us$ Destined To Collapse?

Is the US$ destined to collapse?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure I'd go long with a 4 pip stop however.

LONG! :)

:D

Well there has'nt been many votes in the header Poll, but thus far its far from damning; 6 out of 14 suggesting the US$ may collapse.

I was expecting more pessimism really.

Thus far the arguments for weakening US$ have essentially been, that the FED are printing more money, and thus diluting US$s and so there worth should decrease? Is that correct?

Also the FED is supposedly a private bank, yet I havent been able to open an account, plus the President just re-elected the chairman of the FED? Thats not normal practice for a private bank? He didnt elect Lloyd Blankfein for example?

Google - The Creature from Jekyll Island

You will learn that the FED is a private bank, when it was created, who are the owners, and much more. You can also buy the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^guess Europe is finished then. :D

With all due respect .....This is the pompous conceited type of statement that earns folks the Ugly American Title :)

USA is less than 5% of the worlds population & yet many like you suppose the world would cease to be without their....What? I don't want to even say consumerism because we buy everything from the world with funny money. Made through selling more funny paper to countries. For what? The promise to buy their labors with our IOU's? Yet we use their labors & borrowed savings to fund wars & nuclear missiles to keep them all in line?

Please.....Try to remember of all the great nations on earth today the US is the 234 year old baby of the family...Or spoiled child I should say.

Remember that all the rest of the world seems to be asking for is a fair game.

Edited by flying

Yet we use their labors & borrowed savings to fund wars & nuclear missiles to keep them all in line?

Yes nowadays, if a US President doesnt start a war, he is given the Nobel Peace Prize.

You've misunderstood the significance of that action. Remember, Gorbachev was given a Nobel Prize also right before the Soviet Union dissolved.

This Nobel Consolation Prize is the international community's way of saying "We're sorry you are so close to being a failed state that you no longer have the resources to terrorize the world."

A country who's internal consumption is 75% of the GDP, and this consumption is financed by making more debts, will collapse.
^guess Europe is finished then. :)

I assume britmaveric is being facetious, however henryalleman are you suggesting the US - and thus USD, on topic - will collapse due to its fiscal irresponsibility?

I hope you voted 'Yes' in the header poll :D

Here we are folks, on a balmy Kentucky afternoon, yes, It's the second running of the Bi-centenial "Race to the bottom currency stakes"

The favorite "Dollar" is looking very fit in the paddocks. Equally so "Sterling", last centurys'winner looks like she's lost a few pounds and is up for a contest.

Trainer king reports "she is feeding well".

There's been some late money for "Euro"...on rumours. Lots of CB money coming in of late. But personally speaking, she's begining to look a bit bloated.

'AAnnd....they're off...."Dollar" takes an immediate lead....to be expected , he is after all the heavyweight in the field...reports are coming in of late and heavy betting for one of the backmarkers, "Latvia".

"Latvia" won a minor handicap recently......but by a large margin and connections are confident "She can repeat that form here".

Coming down the back straight for the first time, looking comfortable for "Dollar" at the moment. Sterling is begining to move up through the field, Ohh...she's moved into second place in short order, now challanging the leader, Ohh, now going past "Dollar".

This is a totally unexpected move so early. "Sterling is moving away from "Dollar".....and "Dollar in pursuit is moving away from the rest of the field.

In fact, the rest of the field look to be out of the race as I speak. We'll be back after this commercial break. :)

Regards.

Edited by teletiger

Here we are folks, on a balmy Kentucky afternoon, yes, It's the second running of the Bi-centenial "Race to the bottom currency stakes"

The favorite "Dollar" is looking very fit in the paddocks. Equally so "Sterling", last centurys'winner looks like she's lost a few pounds and is up for a contest.

Trainer king reports "she is feeding well".

There's been some late money for "Euro"...on rumours. Lots of CB money coming in of late. But personally speaking, she's begining to look a bit bloated.

'AAnnd....they're off...."Dollar" takes an immediate lead....to be expected , he is after all the heavyweight in the field...reports are coming in of late and heavy betting for one of the backmarkers, "Latvia".

"Latvia" won a minor handicap recently......but by a large margin and connections are confident "She can repeat that form here".

Coming down the back straight for the first time, looking comfortable for "Dollar" at the moment. Sterling is begining to move up through the field, Ohh...she's moved into second place in short order, now challanging the leader, Ohh, now going past "Dollar".

This is a totally unexpected move so early. "Sterling is moving away from "Dollar".....and "Dollar in pursuit is moving away from the rest of the field.

In fact, the rest of the field look to be out of the race as I speak. We'll be back after this commercial break. :)

Regards.

You forgot to mention the yen, which maybe a long shot but is putting in as much effort as the others. (And Latvia is cheating.)

Edited by Abrak

^guess Europe is finished then. :D

:):D :D Germany had a trade surplus the last time I checked

Yes but to what extent is it prepared to bail everyone else out?

The less people the krauts bail out the sooner the Euro economy will bottom and begin to recover. Europe does not have the same problems that the US does.

^Oh yes they do - massive debts and great number of european banks are on the verge of failing for dodgy loans. However carry on with your yank $ collapse conspiracy theories. :)

This week the figure of bancrupt banks in the States reach the number 100, howmany bancrupt banks in Euroland?

may I remind you that most of the dodgy loans of European banks were granted by their US daughters. The EU is regulating the banking sector while in the US they go on like nothing happend.

may I also remind you that the EU saving ratio of peopel is way much higher than the US.

And last but not least in Europe we have a social welfare safety net that prevent that the downfall in privat consumption is unlimited.

And we don't have a huge military fat cat who eats all up by 2 costly wars.

And like Loverboy wrote we don't have a gigantic real estate problem like the Usand our industrial production is far more solid(we don't have to sell our crownjewel to the Russians)

This week the Chinese government order for 4 billion Euro Solar technology in the tiny Flanders only to confirm that our industrial production is much more competitive in new technologies than the US.

Edited by henryalleman

^Oh yes they do - massive debts and great number of european banks are on the verge of failing for dodgy loans. However carry on with your yank $ collapse conspiracy theories. :)

This week the figure of bancrupt banks in the States reach the number 100, howmany bancrupt banks in Euroland?

may I remind you that most of the dodgy loans of European banks were granted by their US daughters. The EU is regulating the banking sector while in the US they go on like nothing happend.

may I also remind you that the EU saving ratio of peopel is way much higher than the US.

And last but not least in Europe we have a social welfare safety net that prevent that the downfall in privat consumption is unlimited.

And we don't have a huge military fat cat who eats all up by 2 costly wars.

And like Loverboy wrote we don't have a gigantic real estate problem like the Usand our industrial production is far more solid(we don't have to sell our crownjewel to the Russians)

This week the Chinese government order for 4 billion Euro Solar technology in the tiny Flanders only to confirm that our industrial production is much more competitive in new technologies than the US.

Oh dont get too carried away counting bank bankruptcies. I dont remember too many in Japan for the first few years. And I seem to remember that peak bank bankrupticies were 584 (actually I totally made up that figure) in 1980 which is more than the number of banks now (but I dont think I am far off).

So sort of read this and wonder....

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article9210.html

I mean this is a very bias report but I dont believe it is not totally off the map. (and while this guy doesnt get it right that often he is not known for being hysterical.) Ultimately if you take his figure and divide by 10 it doesnt look too good.

It is somehow like comparing who is going to be declared bankrupt first.

Anyways they seem both losers to me.

The USA neither believes or wishes to hide their banking losses under the carpet but that is what they are doing so they are doing that because the have no choice. And in some respects the same applies to the economy.

You know I bet we have all done it - shagged our GF's best friend.

I mean US$4billion solar technology lol even the average Russian technocrat has that. So when you are relying in solar energy for your competitiveness you are getting pretty weak. And Abromavich can sort of argue that he gave it all back with his new yacht.

Well it is a thread titled Is the USD destined to collapse :D

But in part I agree with you that Euro banks will have a big fail year too.

My guess is in the end banks everywhere will start to realize massive debt & default is just part of the problem. The loss of confidence by savers will end up being the bigger problem everywhere. Hard to maintain a bank when folks all start removing their savings. As folks everywhere start to see the rules put in place as to how much you can remove of *your* money panic sets in.

FDIC is all that is slowing the exit from US banks from exploding now.

Unlimited printing has its tranquilizing effect ... :D

But in part I agree with you that Euro banks will have a big fail year too.

both of you just qualified for the diploma "...possesses a wealth of no idea about european banks" :D