Scooter Modifications

Does anyone know where to go in BKK to modify/customize scooters? I want to pimp my 2009 Yamaha Nouvo a bit starting with the exhaust and tires. The dealer claims to have no clue, maybe because it will void the warranty or maybe because the model is too new and the aftermarket has not had time to produce products for it yet.

I don't care if the warranty is voided, I want to make some mods. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know where to go in BKK to modify/customize scooters? I want to pimp my 2009 Yamaha Nouvo a bit starting with the exhaust and tires. The dealer claims to have no clue, maybe because it will void the warranty or maybe because the model is too new and the aftermarket has not had time to produce products for it yet.

I don't care if the warranty is voided, I want to make some mods. Any suggestions?

The dealers in Kohn Kaen where I live will not modify machines purchased from them, neither do they stock any parts to do this. What I did was to cruise around and find small motorcycle repair shacks where young men repair all types of motorcycles. These young men know exactly where to go to buy, and have fitted (usually at no cost) the customised parts of your dreams. I have aYamaha Mio and thanks to these boys, my scooter looks like a million dollars.

Good luck with your project.

Honestly, be VERY careful with who you let work on your bike. Use recommended shops and still babysit to make sure he is doing an ok job. I wouldn't leave it with him to work on out of your sight, atleast until you know him and his abilities fairly well. Most mechanics here are incredibly bad. Even if you aren't much of a mechanic yourself, you might notice that he forgets to put the odd nut and bolt back in here and there, and you cannot be afraid to laugh and point it out to the guy. The also tend to strip screws, cross-thread, over-tighten, under-tighten things, etc. I don't live in BKK so I wouldn't be able to recommend any shops there. There are threads on here just about "cowboy mechanics in thailand" that are just one horror story after another. I have my own share of horror stories that I try to forget. One was about an inch from costing me my life. If you do choose a random shop, choose a big clean well-organized one with tonnes of bike lifts etc. You have the best odds of getting a mechanic with "some" training.

cowoby mechanics are everywhere, not only in LOS. Sadly more then 65% I can state, does not "qualify " as a good mechanic.

Whoops, did I state that "they only exist in Thailand"? Please point out where. My point still stands that there are very very few descent mechanics here and there are an incredible amount of mechanics/shops. Very hard to make up a percentage accurately but WTH, "less than 1% of mechanics in Thailand are qualified". Also, 94% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

MY post was intended to "help the OP" and I doubt he will be taking his bike out of Thailand to get it serviced so why don't we stay on topic. :)