Garden Shed

clives

Where to buy / have made the all important garden shed?? Preferably made in Zincalum (for the Aussies) of even timber.

Have attached a sketch of what I have in mind

post-15703-1251530505_thumb.jpg

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received

Edited by clives

Just check with any building center. There are several in Chiang Mai. A simple garden shed is a snap to construct yourself. I've made dozens of them. All you need is a skill saw, a tape measure and a level. I''m just uncertain about the materials available in Chiang Mail. Just make sure no wood parts rest on soil or they will rot. It's easy enough to just use cement blocks for a foundation. The roof an be light because you don't need to worry about snow load. I've used cheap 4' x 8' sheets of translucent plastic.

Where to buy / have made the all important garden shed?? Preferably made in Zincalum (for the Aussies) of even timber.

Have attached a sketch of what I have in mind

post-15703-1251530505_thumb.jpg

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received

Hello Clives,

My Thai brother-in-law, Ban, is an architect/designer living in Chiang Mai, and he knows people who can build whatever you want (in Aluminium or Wood).

Last year he build our house, and I was very pleased with the price/quality ratio.

He's just finished the interior-design work on a friend's house.

The only drawback is that his knowledge of English isn't very good, and so you would need a friend/partner to tell him exactly what you want, and where you want it.

Please tell me if you would like me to send you his telephone number/e-mail address.