Thai Customs

Bakeman

This is my first posting for a topic but I would really like to have a proper answer to Thai customs for inviting friends to the house. Primarily guests from afar that require accommidations for staying over-night. My friend has invited his farang friend and Thai wife to stay for a couple of days while visiting from out of town but his wife states that if his farang friend's wife is truely Thai that she would not think of staying at another Thai's domicile. Is this true or does my friends wife just not want her husbands friends staying over-night? :)

My Thai wife and I often have friends and their Thai wifes staying at the house over night, and we often are guests of other Thais in their houses.

Are both women Thai? Therein may lie the answer.

Sounds to me as if this woman has problems that may be related to your friends wife and is taking the path of conflict avoidance by passing it off as Thai culture.

I think that rgs2001uk hit the nail on the head. There are many times when my Thai wife and I have friends stay over... all of whom have Thai wife/partner. Thai custom is the guests would be happy to stay, entertain and be entertained.

My Thai wife and I often have friends and their Thai wifes staying at the house over night, and we often are guests of other Thais in their houses.

Are both women Thai? Therein may lie the answer.

Sounds to me as if this woman has problems that may be related to your friends wife and is taking the path of conflict avoidance by passing it off as Thai culture.

Yes both are Thai woman and have met and talked before??? There are other Thai sisters living there also???

I think that rgs2001uk hit the nail on the head. There are many times when my Thai wife and I have friends stay over... all of whom have Thai wife/partner. Thai custom is the guests would be happy to stay, entertain and be entertained.

Even I had stayed here in the past but my friend didnt ask his wife. This tome he asked her and she said no??

Having guests should not be an issue from either side.

The only thing that I can think of is if the guests wife is from a lower socio-economic group (i.e. Ex BG ?)

This may be it because she doesnt have the same education as the envitees wife??

The only thing that I can think of is if the guests wife is from a lower socio-economic group (i.e. Ex BG ?)

This may be it because she doesnt have the same education as the envitees wife??

The only confusing item is that she has spoken to her in public but at the same time ignored my girlfriend while bowling who is equal in stature, degreed, business woman?? My friend is a little embarrassed and loves his wife but is upset sometimes about the way she acts also. Some one please clue me in on a little customs. I thought this was the LOS and one should not be ignored in public???

The only confusing item is that she has spoken to her in public but at the same time ignored my girlfriend while bowling who is equal in stature, degreed, business woman?? My friend is a little embarrassed and loves his wife but is upset sometimes about the way she acts also. Some one please clue me in on a little customs. I thought this was the LOS and one should not be ignored in public???

Gee, you reckon maybe this has nothing to do with “Thai Customs” and maybe has to do with personality conflicts? The only part that may be Thai culture is the wife would have trouble coming out and saying she hated the bitch and didn’t want her anywhere near her home.

:)

TH