Mukdahan Extension Update

I live in Mahasarakham and did my extension based on retirement. For the last 3 years have done in Korat with absolutley no problems . Because of the new district laws I had no choice but to go to Mukdahan . Having read previous post about the treatment in Mukdahan I came prepared with everything including the kitchen sink . 3 copies of everything related to my extension . First and foremost immirgation officials were very courtious and polite . They required a doctors certificate of health and a map to my home . Im talking about "retirement" not marrige . Went to the hospital and got papers needed (100 bht) and drew a map to my home . everything had to bo copied in triplicate and signed . I also applied for a single entry permit . I spent a total of 3 1/2 hours there but in the end I received my extension and rentry . When all over I was told that next year not to come back to Mukdahan but to go to Khan Kaen , the new immigration opening soon . I asked "are you sure KK ? " The grand poopa came over and told me yes...Khon Kaen > I then asked when it will open and the location . He did not know . I asked if Roiet and Kalison was gong to be in the KK district > He said no decision was made yet on Roiet and Kalison was not in there district and could not answer . In all fairness it was a pleasent experiance but it took a long time . Oh , the August 27 th........I'm kinda sad because of all the trees the took there life for the paperwork envolved to renew my extension .........Mike

The Khon Kaen rumours rumble on. Will it happen? I hope so.

Looks like it. This was in khonekaen.com forum:

The rumor gains momentum. Below is a quote from a post on udonmap.com, reporting the results of a meeting at Nong Khai Immigration on August 29.

Source: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/nong...ing-t15105.html

============= START OF QUOTED MATERIAL===========

We were then informed that the new immigration offices in both Udon and Khon Kaen would be operational before this Xmas.All stored documentation on residents in those areas will be transfered to the new one, and we must use the office for the area we reside in. Nong Khai will not be an option, only for those within its catchment area.She did list the places applicable but unfortunately I didn't make a note of them.

============= END OF QUOTED MATERIAL===========

Edited by rickfarang - 30.Aug.2009 at 12:41

I was in the Mukdahan office yesterday, 4th Sept. I live in Roi Et and was told not to return to Mukdahan for my retirement visa but to go to a new office in Amnat Charoen! As from Monday 7th no Roi Et people will be given extensions by the Mukdahan office. They couldn't say much about the Amnat Charoen office, except that it will probably be set up in the police station until it has permanent offices. No phone number available.

I was in the Mukdahan office yesterday, 4th Sept. I live in Roi Et and was told not to return to Mukdahan for my retirement visa but to go to a new office in Amnat Charoen! As from Monday 7th no Roi Et people will be given extensions by the Mukdahan office. They couldn't say much about the Amnat Charoen office, except that it will probably be set up in the police station until it has permanent offices. No phone number available.

This is the first news we have gotten about this.

It seems that immigration is doing a lot of changes that are going into effect on the 7th but have not made any formal announcement yet.

People in Nong Kai are getting told the same thing about an office in Udon opening on the 7th.

Edited by ubonjoe

• 1 month later...

Today, 10 Oct 2009, Amnat Immigration, also responsible for Roi Et and Yasothon, has its office on the top (4th) floor (former exercise room) of the Provincial Police Station, accessible from the right staircase behind the phone booths.

Phone Number 0 4545 2789

Amnat Immigration at Police Station