Hand Trolley

petercallen

I want to buy a hand trolley to shift pot plants and other heavy items around, i have tried home pro and other local shops but no one seems to stock them, in Australia every delivery vehicle has one and they are very easy to purchase as they stop a lot of back injuries. For those who dont know what a hand trolley is it consists o of 2 handles mounted on a pair of wheels with a flat platform on the bottom which you can slip under a heavy item or stack heavey items on. any information would be appreciated.

I bought a nice one in Oz (made in China) shipped it over with all my household gear.

It had pneumatic tyres. Very light and comfortable to use.

Then some idiot thought they'd pump the tyres with the compressor.

Burst the tube and tyre. I could not find replacements anywhere.

So I had to convert it to use the solid rubber wheels with the cast iron rims

they sell everywhere here. Works Ok, much heavier and not as nice as it was.

They sell much the same trolleys in many small hardware shops - but no pneumatic tyres!

G'day Peter.

I have just what you're looking for. Light weight, extending handle, pneumatic tyres, and casters for use in horizontal (flat) position. I bought it s/h from a departing expat who said he bought it in Phuket but I don't know where.

You're welcome to drop by and check it out to help to search for it's twin brother as it's not for sale.

For a copy I would check out Phuket Tools which is my favorite tool shop. 100 meters on LHS Sakdidet Rd. from Chaofa Rd. east, It's the one that goes to the aquarium and Phuket Port. The owners name is Chaiyot and is fluent in English. If he hasn't got what you want he'll ring around, find it and point you in the right direction or order it in for you from a catalogue. IMHO You will not get a better price or service anywhere.

He is unbelievably helpful and has many contacts for repairs of tools etc. :):D

G'day Peter.

I have just what you're looking for. Light weight, extending handle, pneumatic tyres, and casters for use in horizontal (flat) position. I bought it s/h from a departing expat who said he bought it in Phuket but I don't know where.

You're welcome to drop by and check it out to help to search for it's twin brother as it's not for sale.

For a copy I would check out Phuket Tools which is my favorite tool shop. 100 meters on LHS Sakdidet Rd. from Chaofa Rd. east, It's the one that goes to the aquarium and Phuket Port. The owners name is Chaiyot and is fluent in English. If he hasn't got what you want he'll ring around, find it and point you in the right direction or order it in for you from a catalogue. IMHO You will not get a better price or service anywhere.

He is unbelievably helpful and has many contacts for repairs of tools etc. :):D

Thanks stafford i know the type you mean and they are easy to purchase in Australia,i only need a normal hand trolley and have been told where to purchase one.