Niall Tullow

Tarqin

I have heard that Niall Tullow died early in August after a long battle with Leukaemia. His ashes will be scattered in Africa in due course as per his wishes.

He was a real larger than life character. He stood 6’2” and 130 kilos with a shaven head and looked the archetypal British hooligan and when drunk sometimes behaved like it. What you didn’t see was that he was actually Irish having developed an English accent after moving to London in the 80’s when IRA activity was at its height and anti-Irish feeling was also at its height. You also did not see he was a member of MENSA and a shrewd businessman who made his pile in the oil industry in Africa.

He was a regular visitor to Pattaya throughout the years to 2007 and intended to retire to a disgraceful old age in the City of Sin but these plans were scuppered when his condition emerged in 2008.

He was a real love him or loathe him character. I personally liked him a lot and I know he leaves many friends both Thai and falang behind.

May he rest in peace.

Very sad news.

He will be missed at the Cherry Bar (Soi 8).

See you at Adams birthday on September 19th at Cherry's.

This is a true Pattaya comment.

Nice to see that you've got some Thai attitude.

Sorry he's dead, cold chang please.

In life he was always adamant that pictures of him should not appear on the web. I think we should respect that wish in death.

He was a member of this forum for a short while but was banned. His views on falang women were a little too extreme for some of the mods here.