Comfortable Shoes In Bangkok

EndofDays

• 5 months later...

I used to wear Clarke's Wallabee's - not the nicest looking but certainly the most comfortable and long wearing. One pair was re-soled five times before the last (frame) just finally fell apart. Had several pair but now they are made in China and lost their quality - difficult to get proper sizes as no two pair supposedly in the same size, are the same size. Not to mention they charge the same price when made in China with cheap labor as when they were made in England with proper skilled workmen. (No, I am not English). Plus, I am getting a little afraid of the Wallabee foam soles walking around wet spots here due to my delicate (?) age - fourscore plus! Before they fell apart, I took them to one of the places on Suriwongse and asked them to copy the shoe exactly but the end result was a shoe too tight and with more than a one inch lift on the heel. Never again.

Tried for New Balance but most Thai salespersons know little about their stock and I need a ssize 10 (US) W width, not double or triple W but unable to find them. Would like to get a pair of the fairly new NB Walkers but have not seen them as yet. Seems my only hope is to buy them on line and have them shipped - costly, but too bulky to ask someone to bring over for me. And still not sure about buying online from here since what do you do if they don't fit properly? Heeeeeelllllp !!!!! :violin:

Edited by snooky

A friend of mine had a pair of custom shoes made for about 3000 Baht about a month ago, somewhere down near Silom. It's probably the same place mentioned above.

Apparently they're really good, the place was recommended to him by a friend of his who works on his feet walking around for most of the day so they're well tested.

I'm going to get some myself when I get around to it.