Is The New Toyota Tundra A Good Car?

Oliver19

The Tundra is a pick-up truck, not a car. You won't get one from Toyota in LOS. Try North America. Ah, actually you can get one in Australia.....a crew cab. But there they will rip you a new A$$hole. Price is around Au$90,000 (US$75,444)! The basic 2010 sticker price in U.S. is US$27,900+

Edited by BSJ

I've seen one. Probably a Wattana or SEC special import. More than a few (as in, have seen about a dozen of each) Explorers and Suburbans around as well, same route.

:)

I think it's maybe cheaper to buy a normal one, modify the body, that it look'sw like a thundra and put in a 1UZ V8 engine.

amazingly i have also seen two, Dodge Ram Srt-10

here in thailand, one yellow with pinstripes and another red one.

both i manage to see them on the bangna elavated highway.

(dodge ram srt-10, a pickup with a std V10 8L dodge viper engine) 500hp std. petrol.

I've seen one. Probably a Wattana or SEC special import. More than a few (as in, have seen about a dozen of each) Explorers and Suburbans around as well, same route.

:)

I think it's maybe cheaper to buy a normal one, modify the body, that it look'sw like a thundra and put in a 1UZ V8 engine.

Just as an FYI, the Tundra is a full-size truck. American size, like a Dodge Ram, Ford F150, Chev Silverado etc. They are significantly larger than any trucks regularily available here. Its a beautiful machine but I certainly wouldn't want to try to get it through the soi's in Thailand...or pay for the 'benzine'! But I am sure these trucks will help somebodies 'status' or insecurity issues in Thailand.

Oh ya, back to the OP's question, the original Tundra's had an issue with (if my memory serves my correct) "crankshafts snapping". This was only a problem for the first 2 or 3 years though I believe. I haven't "heard" of any issues with the new generation Tundra but do your homework as its a big investment. I wouldn't expect parts to be easy to find here in the LOS either. Did you know that this is a Thailand Forum when you posted?

Edited by blakegeee

• 1 year later...

The Tundra is a pick-up truck, not a car. You won't get one from Toyota in LOS. Try North America. Ah, actually you can get one in Australia.....a crew cab. But there they will rip you a new A$hole. Price is around Au$90,000 (US$75,444)! The basic 2010 sticker price in U.S. is US$27,900+

I have Just been Told Toyota will be replacing the present Vigo Range with a New Model end of this Year Called the "Tundra" ! I doubt it will be the Full Size Pickup like in the States but rather a Smaller similar looking model same size as the Vigo? It will be Interesting to see the Engine Range as Ford are releasing their New Pickup this Year which is Physically Bigger than their current one and has a 200HP Engine so one would think Toyota would respond and Match???

(dodge ram srt-10, a pickup with a std V10 8L dodge viper engine) 500hp std. petrol.

Truly awesome! 0 - 60 in 500 baht!

Truly awesome! 0 - 60 in 500 baht!

Dodge Ram Srt-10 with 500hp. My did 3,3 km/litre on LPG. Not bad. 150 litre net LPG tank returned 500km. Electronic vacum LPG system. These trucks are speed limited at 160 kmh (100mph), but speedlimiter removed when running LPG :D

Wish I had one here :P

Saw a Laos Tundra 5,7 Force at Toyota Nong Kai few months back. Huge :)