Thai Festivals In Uk

Eff1n2ret

Having been to three Thai events in the last couple of months, as I was strolling round in the biting wind and drizzle at one such yesterday, it occurred that they're all a bit "same old, same old", from the drab tents selling overpriced beer, to the feeble simulations of Thai boxing and other traditions. The food stalls are usually ok, but not wonderful value.

I wondered whether they could be spiced up in some way, perhaps to give a more authentic flavour of Thailand to reflect the preoccupations of many contributors to this forum, with events such as:

The Soi Cowboy Bar

- with lots of girls, of course. "Hallo, how are you, where you from?"

Pay a barfine to enter the "Discover the Katoey" competition.

A Demonstration of Thai Driving Skills

And a competition to guess how many tons can be piled on the back of a pickup.

The Family Buffalo Stall

It's sick. Try and guess what's wrong with it.

Get arrested for Overstay/Drug Smuggling/Shoplifting from King Power

And have a thrilling experience of staying in the Bangkok Hilton!

I'm sure there must be other exciting ideas for next year's events - any offers?

Cluedo!

oh no that wouldn't work cus everyone commits suicide, silly me!

Buckaroo!

how many items can you fit on the motocycle before it bucks! 1 dog, 1 kid, 2 parents, a few bags of shopping, gas bottles, fish tanks..........

Yes we went to the one at grenwich park london,and also the one at portsmouth southsea on the sea front,both really good days regarding the weather very very hot,both the food was a bit pricey though £5.00 for SOMTAN,had to laugh though,even the mrs said HOW MUSHHH.

How about they get thai police there put them in stocks,and then we can gladly pay them 100bt to throw rock hard pappaya at there heads :)

or a dual priceing game were every thai pays double the price for everything,yeah i think this one was already in action going by the price of the somtan :D

Having been to three Thai events in the last couple of months, as I was strolling round in the biting wind and drizzle at one such yesterday, it occurred that they're all a bit "same old, same old", from the drab tents selling overpriced beer, to the feeble simulations of Thai boxing and other traditions. The food stalls are usually ok, but not wonderful value.

I wondered whether they could be spiced up in some way, perhaps to give a more authentic flavour of Thailand to reflect the preoccupations of many contributors to this forum, with events such as:

The Soi Cowboy Bar

- with lots of girls, of course. "Hallo, how are you, where you from?"

Pay a barfine to enter the "Discover the Katoey" competition.

A Demonstration of Thai Driving Skills

And a competition to guess how many tons can be piled on the back of a pickup.

The Family Buffalo Stall

It's sick. Try and guess what's wrong with it.

Get arrested for Overstay/Drug Smuggling/Shoplifting from King Power

And have a thrilling experience of staying in the Bangkok Hilton!

I'm sure there must be other exciting ideas for next year's events - any offers?

You should get yourself up to the gathering in Edinburgh every December, everybody seems to have a great time.

Brigante7.