Getting An Education Visa At A Thai Language School In Chiang Mai

kitjohnson

I want to study a distance course (MA) from England whilst living in Chiang Mai. To get a Thai visa, my ideal option is to do one of those 30,000 Baht per year Thai courses, 4 hours a week, 1 year visa. I know that Chiang Mai University Language School offer these. The options in Bangkok are of course great, but I'm sick of the city smoke and am set on Chiang Mai.

However, the one year courses are generally for beginners... แต่ผมพูดไทยไดั...พอไช้ครับ. I'm conversationally fairly fluent (if I'm speaking to someone who can speak nice clear Bangkok Thai), can read fluently (if the vocab is not too fancy or formal), but my writing is not good because I've never really used it. Also I would like to systematically improve my vocabulary by studying spoken/written texts.

Does anyone know of a language school that will qualify me for a education visa, preferably only 4 hours a week, but importantly, run more advanced courses?

My first choice would AUA, but I've read that they explicitly will not qualify you for getting a visa. Shame.

Any advice is really appreciated, thank you.

Wallen at sipsong huay kaew

Prolanguage along Nimmanheiman

have both been doing this for a while.

That's great thank you, I'll check it out. If anyone has any reviews, that'd be cool too.

I am also very interested in the responses as I posted a similiar inquiry, although I am at beginner level with the Thai language.

All the best with your studies

More and more "schools" appear to be using the "Education Visa" as a selling point.

Why bother teaching when you can have people pay a considerable sum for both parties to be left free to do other business?

I'd exercise caution; you never know when the crackdown on the abuse of ths option will come ...

More and more "schools" appear to be using the "Education Visa" as a selling point.

Why bother teaching when you can have people pay a considerable sum for both parties to be left free to do other business?

I'd exercise caution; you never know when the crackdown on the abuse of ths option will come ...

Anything but another crackdown.

A clampdown maybe, but those crackdowns can hurt.

Either will hurt me; I'm doing my 4hrs per week - and very good they are too - and plenty of time for other business. There must be 1000s in a similar situation - using this option. However we do spend our money, pay rent etc, doing our bit for the economy.

Anything but another crackdown.

A clampdown maybe, but those crackdowns can hurt.

Either will hurt me; I'm doing my 4hrs per week - and very good they are too - and plenty of time for other business. There must be 1000s in a similar situation - using this option. However we do spend our money, pay rent etc, doing our bit for the economy.

Understood; just giving practical advice.

Anything here is subject to sudden change.

Same has happened in other countries offering student visas, when people saw a "window" . Those windows do tend to get shut quite smartly. I can't speak for Thailand.