T.b. Test

Does any body know how long a positive T B test result is valid for,reason being I will be makeing a quick visit in Feburary to submit settlement visa application and if theres any snags I wont have time to sort them out,but if she could do the test now and theres any probs weve got time to sort things out.

No i would not advise that its average 11 weeks processing time the TB certificate is 6 months only.

We do a service our office take clients for x ray submit the application however you obviously prepare your file yourself we just do the running about for you.

PM me if you require any help.

Does any body know how long a positive T B test result is valid for,reason being I will be makeing a quick visit in Feburary to submit settlement visa application and if theres any snags I wont have time to sort them out,but if she could do the test now and theres any probs weve got time to sort things out.

Do you mean positive, as you have TB? That is what a positive TB test would mean. In that case the IOM would give you details of where to get treatment which takes about 6 months to complete.

No i would not advise that its average 11 weeks processing time the TB certificate is 6 months only.

We do a service our office take clients for x ray submit the application however you obviously prepare your file yourself we just do the running about for you.

hi TVE,

would the reason for the 11 weeks be as follows... 10 weeks for the sputum culture test, and the extra week a second x-ray?

if all is clear (negative results all round) at this stage, how long does it usually take after the last appointment to get the tb certificate?

hi TVE,

would the reason for the 11 weeks be as follows... 10 weeks for the sputum culture test, and the extra week a second x-ray?

if all is clear (negative results all round) at this stage, how long does it usually take after the last appointment to get the tb certificate?

I believe the processing time TVE is talking about is the actual visa application processing time, which is currently around 11 weeks.

I went through all this with my Mrs a few months ago...If the Xray is clear and the doctor is 100% happy TB is not there you will get the certificate there and then the same day....In my case we could see some marks on the X Ray and she had to go back to IOM near Patpong for the next 3 days to give a sputum sample then we had to wait 8 weeks. When the 8 weeks were up we got a phone call to come and get the results, she was clear and we had to fly back to Bangkok from Samui to get the results, they won't tell you over the phone or post you have to go in person. Now we have the certificate and it's valid for 6 months.

So the upshot it, if your Xray is clear, then same day if not its a 2 month wait....