90 Day Reporting

Hi Gang....After a reading the post concerning the 24hr/ 90 day reporting started by Khun ######,it brought a question to mind of my upcoming situation..Upon arrival on my retirement OA I will stay in BKK for a few days (hotel) to visit friends,shake off the jet lag,etc. before heading to C.Mai,where I will be living indefinitely at one of the hotels at which Im long time friends with senior members of the staff.

This will most likely be the place I will be come my first (and probably 2nd) 90 days reporting time. However, I plan to bop down to BKK or Samui on occasion

to hang out with my musician friends and play some blues harp at some of the clubs,and hopefully network and expand my circle of friends as well.

The question being ,would I have to report to Immigration within 24hrs. every time I leave C.Mai?? Or is merely checking in to a hotel/guest house(where your P.port /visa info

is recorded) sufficient? Seems like I read way back when I 1st joined the forum that it is,but I would like some current input,Thanx much in advance as usual,the Harpman

For travel the hotel check-in should take care of the 24 hour police notification very well. And I would not be too worried about a few days at a friends home. But for the normal 90 day reports I would be making that on a form TM47 to immigration each time - even if temp away on the day due, as you should have that receipt in your PP.

As I am sure you know if you leave the country no report is due until 90 days after your return.