Vat Refund

krading

Leaving for Oz after 3 wonderful months with 'significant other half ' , through 'check in'and 'immigration' , lined up for the VAT refund for half an hour only to be told clerk that I was missing 'The Stamp' from Customs.

If I could have been bothered to walk all the way back and start again I probably would have missed my plane so I didn't worry about it, only 900 bt. ค่าขนม

Can I get the refund next trip instead? Feed them some BS story that I left the lap top at the SOH's place last trip and only decided to take it home on this next trip.

I guess there is a time limit but I'll be over to LOS and back before next financial year. :)

I thought you only needed the stamp if you did not have the goods with you(perhaps I am wrong). I just came back to OZ last weekend too and I had a 23"LCD monitor that was too big to carry onboard, I went the counter near where you checkin. The guy stamped the papers to say he had seen it, but never looked.

I thought you only needed the stamp if you did not have the goods with you(perhaps I am wrong). I just came back to OZ last weekend too and I had a 23"LCD monitor that was too big to carry onboard, I went the counter near where you checkin. The guy stamped the papers to say he had seen it, but never looked.

Well I forgot to get a stamp and they didn't ask what I had in the bag.

Anyway I still want to know if I can do it next trip out.

I can only try I suppose, what are they going to do, shoot me? :)