Sterilizing Coconut Trees, So That They Don't Grow Nuts

keestha

On my land, where I have a small resort, there are 5 coconut trees. Every year I spend quite a bit of money to let people climb the trees, and cut out the coconuts before they are big enough to fall down by themselves and damage one of the buildings, or even injure or kill somebody.

Once ever somebody told me that in paces like Hawaii and California they use a technique of injecting the trees with a liquid that sterilizes them, so that they don't grow nuts.

True or not? And if this technique exists, is it applied in Thailand?

Edited by keestha

On my land, where I have a small resort, there are 5 coconut trees. Every year I spend quite a bit of money to let people climb the trees, and cut out the coconuts before they are big enough to fall down by themselves and damage one of the buildings, or even injure or kill somebody.

Once ever somebody told me that in paces like Hawaii and California they use a technique of injecting the trees with a liquid that sterilizes them, so that they don't grow nuts.

True or not? And if this technique exists, is it applied in Thailand?

I believe they are called Euchonuts! lol :)

Eunuchonuts? Yeah, sure.

I hesitated before posting here, asking in a farming forum how to make a plant NOT grow fruits. But still I figured it might be the best place to ask, people being around who have a lot of knowledge about plant and trees.

Thx for making me smile, but.......anybody else?

Eunuchonuts? Yeah, sure.

I hesitated before posting here, asking in a farming forum how to make a plant NOT grow fruits. But still I figured it might be the best place to ask, people being around who have a lot of knowledge about plant and trees.

Thx for making me smile, but.......anybody else?

...cut off the top... it won't grow no fruits no more....but then..

I am afraid that there is no other way,

then have someone climb up EARLY enough to cut the Flower "Buds"..

from experience approx. all 2 months