Company Set Up & Wp

Dear all ,

Let me introduce my self my name is Andy Jacobs Lee,age 33,nationality south african and Singapore PR...I am married to a Thai nationality for the past 2 year...

For the past 2 years me and my wife have been up and down form Singapore to South Africa...But now we are back in Thailand...I was introduce to this Forum by a friend...

My wife are still holding her Thai Passport and still a thai nationality and just deliver our baby in Thailand and he is a thai too....

We have made our decision to Move back to BKK....

As i am a certified FIFA Player and Matches Agent back in Singapore and also posseses a B AFC coaching cert i was thinking of setting up a Players management consultantcy agency in Thailand....

SO in order to set up i need some new update on the situation in Thailand....

For my case i am married to a local and have a child born here...

what are my advantages setting up a company ???

I have read some of the thread about company set up but they are way back dated last year

1)is the Capital start up still 2 million Baht(do i need to pay up cash or just on papers??)

2)what about 4 thai staff..I know we do not have to hire them but it will be shown only on papers and that we will have to pay something like tax ???

3)what are the tax like for a 2 million baht capital???

We have already been offered by my sister inlaw to use part of her office for my company if i am setting up so hopefully i could get a wise answer here...

As u can see most of my work here are based on commision i will be working closely with Football clubs in thailand exporting players and arranging mataches abroad and my company will be paid by commision( i have already meet up with some of my Friends in Thai FA)So now just needs to set up a company so that i would be able to start working

SO my only concern is that do i need a 2million baht paid up, 25% paid up ?? or just on PApers???

The reason of setting up a company here is is to be able to settle down here

regards,

Andy

Hi -

With a Thai wife (meaning: you have Thai marriage resgitration certificate) , you can obtain a Class O visa, and after entering on a 90 day entry permit, you can then extend that entry permit by bringing into a Thai bank account 400,000 baht, originating from overseas.

You can then start a Thai Private Co. Ltd, with 1,000,000 baht registered capitalization (25% of which you must pay in within 90 days - so you just take 250,000 baht of this out of the 400,000 baht you brought in to qualify for the extended entry permit).

You can then get a work permit - so long asy ou are married to a Thai, you need only 1,000,000 baht registered capital for your company to sponsor you for a work permit.

Then - each year - you will renew your extended entry permit based on supporting a Thai spouse - using your monthly salary of at least 40,000 baht per month.

You do not need Thai employees.

I would be happy to send you more information about starting a company in Bangkok - just send me a conventional e-mail to which I can reply with attachments.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Well the problem is that i do not have the 25% of 1 million baht .... im on a non immigrant O multiple entry which i get from Thai embassy in Singapore...

Can i just set up a co.,Ltd and get a work petmit, pays income tax every year and still get a work permit ?

The need for Thai employees may be contingent on the province you establish the company. My Thai attorney reaffirmed today a requirement for 4 Thai employees in Chiang Mai along with paid up not registered capital per regulations issued last year. I understand immigration and work permit rules can change from province to provice. Its almost like dealing with a different country. You might want to take a look at http://www.thaiimmigration.com/inv/ . The site appears to have been manned by Thai Immigration police. Lots of old posts and a lot of information but they are not taking new questions at this time. You might also want to take alook at an article found on this site http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=10&tt_news=526 I'm still looking for Americans who have used the Treaty of Amity, which applies in my situation, to challenge some of the requirements. I know of three cases that were partially successful but they required appeals to the provincial governor after being turned down by Immigration and the Ministry of Labor. All three were not in my province.

Edited by ExpatAmerican2005