Living In Thailand

lanky

I would like to know about the marriage visa requirements if a a foreign national wishes to live in thailand under a marriage visa the 400 hundred thousand bond to the thai government is that refundable if he and his future wife wish to return to the foreign nationals country also how long can a tourist visa be extended in thailand i say that because my future wife might probabely wish both of us eventually to go that foreign nationals country, I am just thinkng for now to help my future wife to support her and our kid

cheers frank

I would like to know about the marriage visa requirements if a a foreign national wishes to live in thailand under a marriage visa the 400 hundred thousand bond to the thai government is that refundable if he and his future wife wish to return to the foreign nationals country also how long can a tourist visa be extended in thailand i say that because my future wife might probabely wish both of us eventually to go that foreign nationals country, I am just thinkng for now to help my future wife to support her and our kid

cheers frank

You'll probably find this topic moved to the visa forum as it has nothing to do with Chiang Mai.

But to answer your first question, the 400,000 isn't a bond to the Thai Government, once you've got your 1 year visa based on marriage it's yours to do what you want with, the following year you can extend the visa for another year as long as you can show 400,000 in your bank account and so on for each year after.

Edited by anonymouse

You only need 400K in your bank account at least 2 months prior your application.

The Marriage Visa as far as I know, you apply in BKK, you will only grant a few months visa.

Renewal can be done at regional immigration office the you will get the one year visa.

After getting the 1 year. You do not have to worry about the 400K but make sure you put it back to your account 2-3 months before the visa expired.

Good Luck