Artificial Potted Trees/shrubs

SwaziBird

There are artificial plants... and there are artificial plants. Some look pretty convincing without close scrutiny. Others look dreadful.

My problem is this;

I have not found a shop with many of the taller trees in stock but have been shown a catalogue and advised that any of the items from that catalogue would be collected by the shopkeeper from a local ( Chiang Mai ) depot. The shopkeeper seems very hesitant to consider bringing in a good selection for me to choose from, nor to give me the address of the depot/warehouse.

I can understand ( up to a point ) his hesitancy in these matters.

Trouble is that a catalogue pick might prove very disappointing on closer inspection of the ordered tree so I really need to get to see a large selection of these taller trees/shrub( 5' - 7' ).

Is there anyone out there who knows;

(a) where such a depot/warehouse might be, or

(b ) the whereabouts of a really very well stocked shop.

Will appreciate any/all help.

Thanks.

Cheers

Edited by SwaziBird

Most potted shrubs and trees are found here! Not very helpful, I know, but...

Cheers!

Thanks Mapguy - You've got me hanging off one of the branches ! I think I get your drift and when I ripen I might just drop off !

No, not very helpful but thanks for taking my mind off the problem !

Cheers !

Edited by SwaziBird

There are artificial plants... and there are artificial plants. Some look pretty convincing without close scrutiny. Others look dreadful.

My problem is this;

I have not found a shop with many of the taller trees in stock but have been shown a catalogue and advised that any of the items from that catalogue would be collected by the shopkeeper from a local ( Chiang Mai ) depot. The shopkeeper seems very hesitant to consider bringing in a good selection for me to choose from, nor to give me the address of the depot/warehouse.

Trouble is that a catalogue pick might prove very disappointing on closer inspection of the ordered tree so I really need to get to see a large selection of these taller trees/shrub( 5' - 7' ).

Thanks.

Cheers

Was at the big plant market behind Tesco on the super highway the other day and I am sure I saw at least one area with large artificial trees/plants. perhaps a more frequent visitor could confirm this

My problem is this;

Thanks.

Cheers

Was at the big plant market behind Tesco on the super highway the other day and I am sure I saw at least one area with large artificial trees/plants. perhaps a more frequent visitor could confirm this

Thanks Sparkles. You are right ! Will give Kamthieng market another go. They seem to stock a limited number of items there. Maybe I'll be lucky.

Have to say that visiting the market is a wonderful day out ! Why bother with the botanical gardens ?

Cheers !

There's a pretty good selection in the centre of the ground floor in Index (next to Carrefour), although they're not cheap and are mainly flowers I think. Free coffee by there/next to customer service desk :)

You're right jackr. Mostly flowers . They do have a couple of taller ( and expensive ) palms as well.

But, thanks anyway. Appreciated.

I will be making another appeal to the retailer to take me to the warehouse.

Cheers !